Re: The use of CSS

From: Sylvie Duchateau <sduchate@hall.snv.jussieu.fr>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 10:56:22 +0000
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Thank you for your arguments for CSS. I think many people are reluctant to
use css because they do not know how to use them so that they can be
compatible with most browsers. If you use a css that works with the last
versions of Internet Explorer, those may not work with older versions of
this browser and with Netscape. We experienced that with a CSS that wirked
under IE but not under netscape. What should we recommend then?
I think that Marja's proposal to make a document about the use of CSS is a
good idea and a necessary thing.
Regards
Sylvie