Debate on accessibility

From: Julie Howell <JHOWELL@rnib.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:58:05 +0000
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Hello everyone

The UK computer television channel 'dot TV'  have kindly given
a lot of space to our campaign for accessible Web design this
week, including our own public discussion forum on the subject.

I greatly encourage people on EO to take part in the on-going
discussion, to help us raise awareness of the issues.

Visit the 'dot TV' site at http://www.tvchannel.co.uk and click on
'Forums' then 'Talking point: disability' to participate (I'm afraid
you will have to register to post a message).

Very many thanks.

Best wishes
Julie Howell
Campaigns Officer (Internet)
Royal National Institute for the Blind
224 Great Portland Street, London W1N 6AA, UK
Tel. +44 (0)20 7391 2191
Fax. +44 (0)20 7391 2104

1.7 million people in the UK experience a serious sight problem
or blindness.
Poor Web design prevents many disabled people from getting
the most from the Web. Support our campaign for better Web

Watch our video 'Websites That Work' on the Web at

Join our campaign mailing list at