Debate on accessibility

From: Julie Howell <JHOWELL@rnib.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:58:05 +0000
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Hello everyone

The UK computer television channel 'dot TV'  have kindly given
a lot of space to our campaign for accessible Web design this
week, including our own public discussion forum on the subject.

I greatly encourage people on EO to take part in the on-going
discussion, to help us raise awareness of the issues.

Visit the 'dot TV' site at http://www.tvchannel.co.uk and click on
'Forums' then 'Talking point: disability' to participate (I'm afraid
you will have to register to post a message).

Very many thanks.

Best wishes
Julie Howell
Campaigns Officer (Internet)
Royal National Institute for the Blind
224 Great Portland Street, London W1N 6AA, UK
Jhowell@rnib.org.uk
Tel. +44 (0)20 7391 2191
Fax. +44 (0)20 7391 2104

1.7 million people in the UK experience a serious sight problem
or blindness.
Poor Web design prevents many disabled people from getting
the most from the Web. Support our campaign for better Web
design!
http://www.rnib.org.uk/digital

Watch our video 'Websites That Work' on the Web at
http://www.rnib.org.uk/digital/wtw.htm

Join our campaign mailing list at
http://www.rnib.org.uk/digital/dcsn.htm