Re: Comments on your WCAG slides

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Chuck Letourneau wrote:

CMN
The slidemaker onine now creates a mini-cluster (just forward and back) at
the bottom of the page. If you are not taking it from CVS I am not sure if it
will or not - if not let me know and I will work out how we update them.

  CPL:: Since I have to recompile the entire curriculum set for item 1, I
  will add a duplicate nav-cluster at the bottom of the page.  I had intended
  to do this a long time ago, but I forgot somewhere along the line.

HB
  >Is there any way for hotkeys to be defined for consistently moving
  >FORWARD and back? IE5 allows ALT-leftarrow and ALT-rightarrow to work
  >among those pages I have seen, but not to the next that I haven't yet.

  CPL:: In IE4, pressing and holding ALT-N would advance the page, ALT-P
  would do previous page, ALT-I, -G, -C, and -E to the table of contents for
  the Introduction, Guidelines, Checkpoints and Example sets, respectively.
  This was with the ACCESSKEY attribute on the link elements.  However, IE5
  has changed the way it handles ACCESSKEY.  Pressing ALT-N will move the
  focus of the cursor to the tagged link, but it will NOT activate it.  You
  now have to hit return after doing the ACCESSKEY combination.  This makes
  it less convenient, but probably removes some of the conflict problems with
  other keyboard-aware assistive devices.

CMN
The problem is that there is no way provided by browsers for finding out what
teh accesskeys are, and because users have different input setups, and
browsers have different ways of activating an accesskey, I firmly believe
that the browser is responsible for making it clera what hotkeys are
currently assigned. This is an open issue in the User Agent group at the
moment.

Cheers

Charles McCN