Re: Braille on the QuickTips card?

From: jonathan chetwynd <jonathan@signbrowser.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:23:42 +0100
To: "Masafumi NAKANE" <max@wide.ad.jp>, <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Max, I have slept for a few days on your suggestion....

Recently the WAI has been moving towards a user centred rather than
hardware/software centred model.

Could quicktips cards possibly reflect these twin approaches, by having one
side devoted to each?

Thus examples that benefit individuals could be demonstrated rather than
described (QED) on one side.

suggestions include:

Braille                "Quick Tips"
Large Type       "W3C" (part of a longer word cut off might be more
Graphic            "Wheelchair" (Toilets/Microsoft)

One side would benefit from white space, but with careful design might be
able to include examples of up to 2 others such as:

label                  link and or alt
table                  Web Accessibility Initiative

The present (cluttered) look whilst informative, has limited appeal,
probably to webmasters, programmers and rule enthusiasts.
In today's fast moving world, it is vital that we grab people's attention as
well as attempt to inform them.

Jonathan Chetwynd

Search the www with pictures at

Send us your links