Cognitive and Neurological Disabilities Re: definitions of LD

From: jonathan chetwynd <jonathan@signbrowser.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 09:09:58 +0100
To: "eowg" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Could we use headers such as chromosome factors, brain damaged, as well as
dyslexia, literacy, numeracy, and 2nd/foreign language which are specific,
or at least include these terms in a descriptive paragraph, to avoid
confusion.

"LD is a lifelong condition which results from damage to the brain before,
during or after birth, or from genetic or chromosome factors (like Down's
syndrome)."  from Mencap literature

Mencap is a large UK based charity working with mentally handicapped
children and adults

jay@peepo.com

Search the www with pictures at our 3 sites:
'98 STEM award site at        http://www.peepo.com/signbrowser/lstem.htm
picture guide to the www at  http://www.peepo.com/signbrowser/index.htm
Java beta at                          http://www.peepo.com/drivethru2/

We value your comments.
Send us a link to your pages, or favourite sites.