HTML validator, was Re: htnl validator

http://validator.w3.org/source/

> and use on the
> Intranet or for development servers that are behind the firewall.

All these HTML syntax validators are based on the same core component
(SP), but at the moment I believe the most effective package,
including coverage for a wide range of charsets, is the one provided
by Liam Quinn at the WDG,
http://www.htmlhelp.org/tools/validator/source.html

This is free, but the web page admits that ease of installation was
not their first priority.

If you're working on Win/95/98/NT, then this recently released package
from the same author may be of interest, http://arealvalidator.com/ -
however, there is a modest license fee for that software.  I'm just
passing this information on: I must admit I haven't tried that package
myself - but the author has a fine reputation.

Hope that was useful.  As you sent your query to the WAI lists, I'm
copying my reply there too; I apologise to anyone who feels this is
off-topic.

all the best