Re: Please review Note on SMIL accessibility features

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, in response to Harvey Bingham's comments, Marja-Riitta
Koivunen wrote:

HB

  >Example 1
  >
  >Some browsers may recognize the short endtag of XML only if preceded by
  space.
  >I'd change all such to include that space.
  >
  >  <video   src="video.rm" _ /_>
MRK
  OK, if necessary.

CMN
A conforming XML rendering User Agent doesn't need the space. So I don't
think it's necessary

HB
  >Both examples:
  >have file suffixes   rm and rtx
  >Unfamiliar to me, unlikely that ".rm" is appropriate for both audio and
  video.

MRK
  .rm real audio plugin
  .rtx rich text

  Most extensions come directly from SMIL examples but I'm not sure about
  this one. The video could be changed to .mpg (Mpeg).

CMN
The values are for URIs, which need not have any file extension - the SMIL
specification explicitly requires the types to be declared rather than
assumed from either the element name or a filename extension. This is lucky -
.rpm is used both by files for the Real Media players and the RedHat Package
Manager. In this case the file extensions are standard ones, but they are not
at all important.

Charles McCN