Re: Comments on SMIL note

From: Marja-Riitta Koivunen <marja@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:29:08 -0400
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Cc: Geoff Freed <Geoff_Freed@wgbh.org>, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, WAI-EO <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>, Madeleine Rothberg <Madeleine_Rothberg@wgbh.org>
At 02:12 PM 7/29/99 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>HTML (which the note is written in) provides the CODE element for this
>purpose. Actually, I would suggest that the use of PRE, rather than CODE, for
>formatting example code, is a violation of WCAG guidelines...

Currently the examples should use both PRE and CODE (unless there is a
mistake somewhere). Inside a normal paragraph these are marked as keywords
and their style can be changed via stylesheets to highlight them. Is that OK?

>Charles
>

>  Geoff Freed wrote:
>
>  > Everywhere:
>  > It would be very helpful to somehow offset elements and attributes (A,
ANCHOR, SYSTEM-CAPTIONS, etc.) from the normal text of this document.
Capitals?