Re: Quick Tips revision: Frames and Check your work

From: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:01:47 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

>8. Frames. Label with the title or name attribute.

PROPOSAL: "Frames and Objects. Use _title_ or _name_ attribute, give NOFRAMES content or text default."

I note that FRAME and NOFRAMES are only in the transitional HTML, not part
of the HTML4.0 strict.dtd. They are replaced there by the OBJECT
generalization that can have as the "if all others fail" choice a text
version equivalent to the NOFRAMES.

>10. Check your work. Validate the HTML. Use accessibility evaluation tools.
Check http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT guidelines.

I note that the approximate effect of the printer's smallcaps is achieved
by a smaller font size inline.

As I've been up for 30 hours, now to bed. Use these as you see fit.

Regards/Harvey Bingham