Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 21:00:30 -0800
From: CNET Special Dispatch <dispatch@CNET.COM>
To: SPECIAL-DISPATCH@DISPATCH.CNET.COM
Subject: CNET: special message for all CNET Dispatch subscribers

SPECIAL MESSAGE FOR ALL CNET DISPATCH SUBSCRIBERS

My name is Halsey Minor, and I'm the founder and CEO of CNET.
As you've probably noticed, our Web sites have been changing
over the last few months, and this week we launched a
completely new version of CNET.com. As a result, I wanted to
personally write all of our Dispatch readers to let you in on
exactly what's going on, because in many ways, the changes
we're making represent your collective feedback.

Since our original launch on the Web in June 1995, we have
received literally millions of email messages from our
community of users. What has become clear to us is that each
of you wants simple, intuitive navigation combined with access
to a very broad array of high-quality technology-related
content and services. You want us to deliver more of what you
want, and make what you want easier to find.

When you take a look at the new CNET.com, you will immediately
notice two changes in that direction. First, we have greatly
improved the navigation of the site and made navigation across
our entire network easier and more consistent. We have also
organized our content and services into ten new "channels,"
making it quicker and easier to find exactly what you are
looking for. And we have greatly expanded the power of our
searching. As soon as you try it, you'll know what I mean.

Second, you'll see from our channels that we have greatly
expanded the breadth of our editorial coverage and the number
of services we provide. For instance, we now have information,
news, and product reviews covering literally thousands of
computer- and technology-related topics. And our Shopping
channel boasts 1,500,000 prices on over 125,000 computer
products available from more than 85 Internet computer stores,
making CNET the largest source on the Web for comparative
pricing information on computer products.

Although the new CNET.com greatly expands what we can do for
you, we know we still have a long way to go. We have very
ambitious plans for delivering more of the editorial coverage
you rely on, covering more topics, and finding more ways to
help you be an educated buyer of computer-related products.
That's why I'm asking you to participate in shaping the new
CNET as we continue to work toward our goal.

In the new world the Internet is creating, information is
power. Our goal has always been to inform, educate, and
sometimes even inspire the most wired and enthusiastic
audience in the digital world. From all 500 people here at
CNET, it's been a pleasure building CNET for you. Please keep
giving us your thoughts on how we can continue making CNET
better! Try the new CNET.com and then send me your comments.
This is only the beginning.

Halsey Minor
Chief Executive Officer
CNET, Inc.