Re: distance learning

I'm starting to advise the distance learning folks here at Temple  on
accessibility.  Their main concern right now is math, esp. math that's in
Acrobat.

Also, around here they prefer term "on line learning" since customers may
be local, e.g. sitting in their office or dorm room.

Please loop me in any conversations that go on if they are not already on
the list...

Len

At 10:21 AM 2/25/99 -0800, William Loughborough wrote:
>Before the world of "distance learning" gets completely out of hand we
>might consider a special mission of getting outreach to anybody in that
>industry.  A search produced too many to deal with on a one-on-one basis
>but http://www.bergen.org/DistanceLearning/hotindex.html has a lot in
>one place.
>
>I started to deal with http://www.imsproject.org/ via their email
>response and will let us know if anything good comes of that one - but
>there are *LOTS* of them to cover.  Boiler plate, anyone?
>--
>Love.
>            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE
>http://dicomp.pair.com

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Universal Design Engineer, Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215} 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)