Re: Fwd: Assistive Devices Industry Association of Canada

Harvey,

I am the person responsible for maintaining CanADIA's Calendar of Events in
Disability, Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology (the information is
provided to me by the Assistive Devices Industry Office of the Government
of Canada).  As such, I am interested in the comments made by Mike and you.
 It isn't completely clear from your message which statements are
attributable to Mike and which are yours, but I assume the first two
paragraphs are his and the last yours.

I  have a few questions:

1. Where did Mike cite the CanADIA conference listing? Is it in his soon to
be published book? (If he did, I am not unhappy... just curious)

2. Do you know what is meant by "Officially, this is not a home page --
yet."  (It was never intended to be a "home page". It is a resource in a
larger CanADIA website.)

3. Why would W3C or XML conferences appear on the CanADIA list?  To the
best of my knowledge, no W3C or XML conference has been promoted as being
an "Event in Disability, Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology".  If the
WAI decides to do a conference on Web Accessibility, it will be on the list
immediately.

Cheers!
Chuck

At 15/02/99 10:14 PM , Harvey Bingham wrote:
>Mike Paciello notes:
>
>"The Assistive Devices Industry Association (ADIA) of Canada:
>http://www.starlingweb.com/adp/as00015e.htm
>
>Officially, this is not a home page -- yet. However, the Assistive Devices
>Industry Association of Canada provides an incredibly useful service through
>this web page by providing a complete listing of all disability related
>conferences. "
>
>It does not list W3C or XML conferences. They haven't made the
>accessibility-awareness of this group I guess. Someday?
>It has contact info, including URLs, but not deadlines for submissions.
>
>Regards/Harvey Bingham

----
Starling Access Services
 "Access A World Of Possibility"