Re: last (fast) gasp for waicard10, closing Thursday a.m.

Hi,

a quick comment on Judy's comment of my comment <grin>:

>1) I've copied Wendy Chisholm's message below. Please look at Wendy's image
>map comment. I think her comment has been accounted for in our discussions,
>but if others agree it should be changed to read "Use client-side MAP and
>alt text for hotspots," please let me know, & that's what we'll do.

actually, it was pointed out on the GL list that depending on how people
create client side image maps, there are two strategies they could use.
One does not use "alt" and thus a more general statement should be made in
regards to techniques.  We're proposing the following for the next version
of the guidelines:
For all image map links, provide text for each link (e.g., via the "alt"
     attribute of HTML AREA elements or by using the MAP element with
     anchors defined with the A element).

we're still working on the wording, but I hope the message is clear.

thanks,
--wendy