Re: waicard10

At 02:15 PM 2/4/1999 +0100, you wrote:

>> 1. Each term should be set off from the term's definition. Use a period or
>> colon.
>
>I'm not sure about that, the font change might be enough.
>
>Other opinion ?

I'd like to hear from others. The bold font only says "this word is
important". It does not set it off as a term. What you have is a Def list.
Something needs to set those terms off from their definitions. If you used
a table, it would be space. In a compact use like you have on the card, it
should be a period, colon or dash. (That;s it for me. I won't argue the
point anymore).

>> 3. For Multimedia, I think you can remove the comma after "descriptions of
>> video". I'm pretty sure you can replace the words, "in case" with the word
>> "when".
>
>We just changed it from "when" in "in case". See Judy's comments.

I appreciate Judy's comments. Thanks for pointing them out. I missed them
earlier.

The problem with the phrase "in case" is that it's not an international
phrase. I see it as "dead wood" (talk about non-international phrases).
What you're saying when you use the phrase, "in case" is "just in case you
forgot"; or, "just in case you overlooked".

The idea of the card is to deliver statements that people can immediately
react to. Keep it simple and straighforward. While it's true that the
statement isn't based on a 100% ratio, most people understand the
implication.

Okay, I'm done for the day. Time to get back to my own writing. :-)

- Mike

Mike Paciello                     Email: <paciello@ma.ultranet.com>
WebABLE! Solutions          Tel: (603) 598-9544
131 D.W. Highway #618     Fax: (603) 598-2839
Nashua, NH 03060             WWW: <http://www.webable.com>