Re: Accessible HTML in Browsers??

BK,

Yes, that's exactly what the User Agent Guidelines Working Group is for.
Jon Gunderson is Chair, and I am cc'ing this message to him
<jongund@uiuc.edu>.

If you can put whoever at Netscape is actually working on accessibility
implementations in touch with Jon, or even directly with the working group
where it's been discussed, that would be appreciated all around. UAWG is at
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA>.

Thanks,

Judy

At 10:00 AM 1/22/99 -0500, B.K. DeLong wrote:
>Does anyone know who I should talk to regarding how certain HTML tags and
>attributes function? For instance, Netscape says they've managed to get
>LONGDESC to function in their latest build of NGLAYOUT. However....they
>don't know how it should be implemented. They know it's supposed to be a
>URI but what happeneds if someone has a graphic that links somewhere else
>but also has a longdesc attribute?
>
>They allow the public to contribute to bug reports and I want to make sure
>all of this gets covered.
>
>Thanks.
>--
>B.K. DeLong                  360 Huntington Ave.
>Director                         Suite 140CSC-305
>New England Chapter     Boston, MA 02115
>World Organization        (617) 247-3753
>of Webmasters
>
>http://www.world-webmasters.org
>bkdelong@naw.org

World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)