Re: List fo Public Relations

Rob,

Thanks for getting this going. In response to your questions, I'd suggest
keeping the list focused, and being more comprehensive in fewer categories.

In the minutes from last week's discussion of a possible PR campaign
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/990108_EOWG_Min.html#PRcampaign> the action item
was to compile training contacts, and that alone would be quite valuable.
Probably you should rename it a "training contacts list" and focus it more
on that theme.

The categories most relevant as a training contacts list then would be
	- professional internet related associations
	- magazines
	- training
	- government Web consortia
	- Web-based builder resources
I think more comprehensive lists of the other categories already exist,
such as disability organizations, which we can link to. The magazine list
may duplicate what BK compiled; Daniel, can you compare those?

Yes, I agree that it is very US-heavy, and it would be a good project for
someone on EOWG list to research comparable Web-related training contacts
in other countries. Who wants to take that on? The international and
national level contacts are the most useful, then down to state or
provincial-level contacts if available. I question including local contacts.

Also I'd recommend finding e-mail addresses, even if generic for each site,
to add to this list; otherwise it is not really usable as a contact list
but rather is a kind of portal.

In regards to your question about whether this list could be used by a PR
firm, that depends. The more focused it is, the more likelihood it could be
useful in a PR campaign, since any PR strategy would likely select
particular audiences to reach with a tailored message.

- Judy

At 12:37 AM 1/15/99 -0800, Robert C. Neff wrote:
>Everyone's comments have been incorporated into the list and posted to
>http://www.webspots.net/eo/pr_list.htm (15kb).  This is located here
>temporarily on my web site and there is no link from the root directory.
>
>Please advise if anything is missing.  I still need to add more training
>sites, professional organizations and magazines.  I have just rebuilt my PC
><ugh> and have not had time to load all my data <another ugh!>.
>
>Thoughts?  OK, I have one.  I was trying to build the categories off the
>three areas: university-related, industry and government, but this
>categories are disjointed.  This is a draft and we can reorganize for
>clarity as we move forward.  Does anyone have any comments or items to add?
> Right now the information is slanted towards groups in the United States.
> Once we have more info for other countries and local areas we can always
>break out each category by country.
>
>Are we going in the right direction to make a list that could be used by
>Public Relation Firms?  I also foresee this as as a resource for us and to
>others?
>
>Many thanks!  Rob Neff

World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)