RE: WCAG Curriculum update: May 26, 1999 - 12:30 PM

Charles...

Thanks for your comments.  As chair of the WCAG I am extremely sensitive to
the issue of strict compliance to W3C specs (and I support it in
principle).  However, I do not want to be responsible for a decision that
will possibly exclude Netscape users from getting the most from the
Curriculum.  I leave that decision to the Chair and the WG as a whole.
Pointing people to browsers that do the job properly is tricky (although I
do make some backhanded attempt at it in the introductory slides).

As for class="id" using an actual attribute as the value, I think I only
used that in my explanation of the fix, and did not use it "in real life"
anywhere in the curriculum.  I will be careful to avoid it in future.

Cheers!
Chuck

----