RE: WCAG Curriculum update: May 26, 1999 - 12:30 PM

Charles... you have identified, but not helped solve, the biggest problem
with the curriculum.  I simply do not know how to do what is "right" and
have it work on more than one mainstream browser at time.  If I use
compliant code, the Netscape users out there will see either a broken style
or possibly even find their system crashing occasionally (mine does!).  If
I use incompliant code, then both IE and Netscape users will see the
intended page.  It makes me want to cry, but there it is.  If you have a
simple solution, I would love to hear it.

Cheers!
Chuck Letourneau

At 01/06/99 01:01 PM , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>But removing the quote marks means you have invalid HTML which is a Bad Thing
>(Pat. Pend.)
>
>Charles
>
>On Mon, 31 May 1999, Chuck Letourneau wrote:
>
>  My fixes or comments are preceded by CPL::
>
>  CPL:: This one was due to the fact that Netscape doesn't like quotation
>  marks around style ID calls (e.g. <div class="id">).  If you write it as
>  way or the other.

----
Starling Access Services
 "Access A World Of Possibility"