Re: WCAG Curriculum update

At 07/05/99 01:36 PM , you wrote:
>Slide 39: There's an "orphan" period at the beginning of the second line
>of the second paragraph.

CPL:: did I fix it?  I think I fixed it.  Does "orphan" mean I had one too
many or one too few.  Regardless, when I looked at the slide (in IE) it
seemed to be all right.  Confusing? You bet.

>Slide 41: "Note that the reverse is often true when TABLE is just used
>for page design and lay out."  I don't know what this means - reverse of
>what??  In general I'm not sure why it has "A simple data table created
>with proper table mark up, like this:" and then "Example of a simple
>data table created using HTML markup." or why the "Example of a simple
>data table created using the PRE element." is in blue and a different
>font?  also no code example illustrating the PRE use.  And I think this
>is the first slide on which I had to use horizontal scrolling which is a
>PITA.

CPL:: I see your point... I changed the wording to: "Note: if you are using
tables for page layout (instead of CSS), then you should not use markup
reserved for data tables (like TH, HEADER, SCOPE, COLGROUP, etc.) because
those elements will be used by some agents to identify and manipulate
data). "  The scrolling seems only to be necessary in NETSCAPE and I can't
figure out why. Yet.

>Slide 43, 44, 45: Old people would like a comma after "headers" in the
>intro. I don't understand what [priority 2] at the end of the discussion
>means. I don't understand why the font changes size after "worksheet."
>in the discussion part.  "try and remember" try to remember.  Also I
>gather from other discussions I've had that "today's crop of screen
>readers" may be less prone to what you're talking about here.

CPL:: comma replaced in slide 43. Priority 2 was an artifact of a previous
slide, now removed.  Fixed font-size change.  Fixed wording about current
crop, but didn't remove it entirely.  Not completely sure how to deal with
this issue, because while some of the newer screen-readers (and some
non-graphical browsers) can decolumnize simple tables, it will take HTML
4.0 aware agents that understand colgroup, scope, thead, tfoot, etc. to
demystify complex tables.  I am not sure where to put this idea, but it
needs to be said somewhere.

>Slide 46: The font size went crazy for this slide - also scrolling
>required once again.

CPL:: Will try to fix it.

>Slide 47: "As more and more browsers" become "more browsers" we tersify.

CPL:: tersified!

>Slide 48: There's a gratuitous close quote at the end of the slide.

CPL:: I thought it looked pretty, but I removed it because you didn't like
it. <Grin>

>Love.

Thanks William.

----