Fwd: Re: Accessibility for Popcomm Website

Here is a QuickTips version I scratched out of a program plan for a
well-meaning webmaster.  Is there already one of these on the WAI website?
The WOW or AWARE site?  Better ideas for what advice to give?

Al

<kb9qqz@execpc.com>, Mickey Quenzer <mickeyq@prodworks.com>, Steve Matzura
<sm@dataguardian.com>, Janina Sajka <janina@afb.org>
>From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
>Subject: Re: Accessibility for Popcomm Website
>Cc: dougb@railfan.com, webwatch@telelists.com
>
>Great!  This sounds like a genuine opportunity.  We need to help Doug get
where he wants to go with the minimum of waste motion.

>The down side is that I cannot promise to do adequate user testing myself.
>
>Doug will want to get help of four kinds: reference literature, peer
support, critic tools and user testing.  Here is a draft set of
recommendations in each category:

particularly <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/>.

>Peer support: get involved in a group that has an active interest group
addressing accessibile web content authoring, such as the HTML Writer's
Guild <http://aware.hwg.org/> or World Organization of Webmasters
<http://www.world-webmasters.org>.