Re: Quicktips

(I wrote this before seeing Daniel's message, so I guess you get the reply
in stereo now...)

Robert,

What were you trying to print it from? The "appearance" file? Here's the
scoop on that, but I guess I should add an explanation to the page itself.

The formating that makes it "look like" how it would be on a business card
is done with CSS. Most browser implementations of CSS still barely give a
reliable appearance on the display, and do not at all support consistent
print-out. This doesn't, & wasn't meant to be used to support print-out.

So, we do need an alternative. Given the extreme problems that many people
have with PDF files, I think once this thing is available in the final
version, we should make it available in several alternative file formats,
including Word & PDF.

Judy

At 10:07 PM 12/11/98 -0500, Robert C. Neff wrote:
>Today is the first time I printed the quicktips and the formatting was all
>messed up.  Has anyone else had this problem? I tried in both color and
>black and white.
>
>I cringe to ask this and have put on my flak jacket and helmet as I feel I
>am going to take a direct hit, but maybe we should ALSO provide a PDF
>version.
>
>rob

World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)

WAI Education & Outreach home page: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO