Re: EO Slide set URL

Thanks Chuck.

I have a suggestions which I think will make the slides easier to use.

Actually two alternative suggestons.  The first is a whole bunch of work.
The second is a smaller bunch.

-------------
Here's the first, more ambitious suggestion.

I think it would be good to have a thread of slides with less text on them.

Call that thread 1, 2, 3, 4...  For more details, there would be optional
detail slides that could be put in between.  For example, slide 1 would
have a link to detail slide 1a which in turn would have a link to 2.  So
you could go directly from 1 to 2 or go via 1a

Pictorially the links would be

1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4  ...
|  / |  / |  / |  /
| /  | /  | /  | /
v    v    v    v
1a   1b   1c   1d

imagine the / links have arrows on the upper right.  You can do only so
much with ASCII art <grin>.

Here's an example of what slide 3 would look like
| Priority 1                                                      |
| Provide alternative text for images, applets, and image maps.   |
| Examples                                                        |
| ##  ALT="House"                                                 |
| ##  ALT="Item"                                                  |
| ##  ALT="Move Left"                                             |
| page 3                        [previous | details | next ]      |

In this example,
## indicate images from your list of examples in
http://www.starlingweb.com/wai/gid/a1s1-0.htm which I really like,
"previous" links to page 2,
"details" is a link to a page 3a, which gives rationale and details of
techniques
"next" is a link to page 4

Page 3a would also link to page 4, i.e. it's menu bar would be [previous |
next ] with previous pointing to 3 and next to 4

There should be a home button also somewhere.

So you hit the audience with a simple, pictorially based slide to say what
the requirement is.  The presenter of this could just press "next, next,
next" to follow the top level 1,2,3, thread to give overview, or when
details are called for hit the intermediate detail slides "details, next,
details, next..." . As s/he runs out of time, just travel the top level
again <grin>.

I realize this would be a bunch of work, especially since it doesn't match
the w3 slidemaker paradigm.

So here's a second suggestion.

For now, maybe just take the guidelines slides, reduce the words, and add
the examples on each slide.

Len

At 09:40 AM 11/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Len...
>
>here is the EO Curriculum slide set...
>

>http://www.starlingweb.com/wai/gid/
>
>Cheers!
>Chuck
>----
>Starling Access Services
> "Access A World Of Possibility"
>  e-mail: info@starlingweb.com
>    Phone: 613-820-2272  FAX: 613-820-6983

-------
Leonard R. Kasday
Institute on Disabilities/UAP at Temple University, Philadelphia PA
email:     kasday@acm.org
telephone: (215} 204 2247