TIDE Movies

From: Kevin Carey <humanity@atlas.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:06:00 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>, "Judy Brewer" <jbrewer@w3.org>
Cc: "Helen Petrie" <H.L.Petrie@herts.ac.uk>, "Daniel Dardailler" <danield@w3.org>, "Peter Bosher" <peter@soundlinks.com>, "Steve Tyler" <styler@rnib.org.uk>
Email:	Judy Brewer and EOWG List
Subject: 	TIDE Movies
Date: 	6.x.98.
Copies: 	styler@rnib.org.uk, Peter Bosher, Daniel Dardailler, Helen
Petrie, Christine Booth (by snail)

I would be grateful for any suggestions on major points in respect of the
following outlines of two ten-minute films to be shot in the United
Kingdom in November and edited in December.

1. General film on WAI

1. What is the Internet
2. What is the WEB
3. What's the difference between email and the Web
4. Cut to T.B-L
5. Example of lovely looking Web site
6. Show inaccessibility to various groups of people
7. That brought about WAI cut to JB for background/history: W3C; ADA,
White House, European Union; Progrmme Office
8. Explanation of two levels of WAI intervention:
  a) Access within tools
  b) Design of Web Pages
9. Examples of bad and good from point of view of visually impaired,
hearing impaired, keyboard impaired, learning difficulties
10. Cite disability law (country dependent)
11. Draw general concusion, upbeat, on design for all.

1-4 		2 minutes
5-7 		3 minutes
8-9 		4 minutes
10-11 	1 minute.

2. For Potential employers.

1. What is the Internet
2. What is the WEB
3. What's the difference between email and the Web
4. Cut to T.B-L
5. Example of lovely looking Web site
6. Show inaccessibility to various groups of people
7. That brought about WAI cut to JB for background/history: W3C; ADA,
White House, European Union; Progrmme Office
8. Explanation of three levels of WAI intervention:
  a) Access within tools
  b) Design of Web Pages
  c) Optimising and customising hardware and software; the final
     link for individuals and IT managers
9. Examples of bad and good from point of view of visually impaired,
hearing impaired, keyboard impaired, learning difficulties
10. Cite disability law (country dependent)
11. Draw general concusion, upbeat, on design for all.

1-4 		1 minute
5-7 		3 minutes
8 		2 minutes
9 		2 minutes
10-11 	2 minutes.

What I'm looking for is advice on whether we've covered what people think
should be covered or whether there are major elements which we have left
out. Comments on the allocation of time would also be welcome. Although a
lot of the footage will be in common on general points, the voice-over
script and actuality will be different, reflecting the two different
audiences.

Would be grateful for comments under subject line "TIDE Movies" by
15.x.98.

Yours

KEVIN CAREY