Re: Events Calendar

Kitch, Jim,

Here are some of the earlier messages that came out on listings of
additional events.

- Judy

>From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
>To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
>cc: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
>Subject: Re: Events Calendar
>Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 15:31:01 +0200
>Sender: Daniel.Dardailler@sophia.inria.fr
>

>> Can you please:

>I gathered a bunch of pointers while looking for European specific
>events (without much success may I say, most of it in US centric).
>
>http://www.yahoo.com/computers_and_internet/internet/conferences_and_events/
>http://conferences.calendar.com/
>http://www.cio.com/WebMaster/wm_calendar.html
>http://www.netlib.org/confdb/Conferences.html
>
>> - comment on how we should best organize this to help plan coverage?
>
>I think we need to cover both
> - the "specialized" conf, like CSUN, TIDE, or even WWW conf, whose
> audience are the assistive technology and disability geeks, and
> where we can assume people are aware of the issues and just need to
> be kept up-to-date with recent WAI development.
> - the "generic" conference, like Networld+Interop, Seybold, CeBit,
> for Web designer, ISP, etc, where people really need to be presented
> with the situation as if it was new to them.
>
>The people covering the first set of events need to be as close as
>possible to the WAI project (ideally W3C staff). The second set can be
>done by different speakers, based on more stable materials.
>
>Event of particular importance are I think things like (as seen on Yahoo)
>  NetMedia 98 - an annual Internet conference which aims to bring
>  journalists up-to-date on developments in digital media technologies
>
>Because it has the potential of dominoing to the entire community of
>Internet users.
>
>Also of importance are the specialized Mobile Computing/PDA conf,
>which could draw in more support from people that otherwise might not
>see the relation between Web accessibility and them.

Judy Brewer   jbrewer@w3.org     617-258-9741
Director, Web Accessibility Initiative International Program Office
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
MIT/LCS Room NE43-355
545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA 02139 USA
http://www.w3.org/WAI