Minutes from AUWG Teleconference for 23 September

http://www.w3.org/2013/09/23-au-minutes.html

Full text:
WAI AU

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Jeanne, Alastair, Cherie, +1.661.748.aaaa, Jutta, Jan, +1.847.917.aabb, Tom, Tim_Boland
Regrets
Alex_L., Greg_P._(partial), Tim_B._(partial)
Chair
Jutta Treviranus
Scribe
Jan
Contents

Topics
1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)
2. CR process update (Jeanne and Jan)
3. Implementation report update (Jan)
4. Request from EO to be more clear about how our levels (A, AA, AAA) were set.
Summary of Action Items
<scribe> Agenda:
<scribe> Scribe: Jan
AC: I'm having one of our developers go through the ATAG 2.0 implementation guide with an eye to Defacto
... has some interesting questions

JS: Those questions would be good to have...could form basis of questions for developrs

1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)

JT: Where's Cherie...having difficulty with telecon?
... Re-chartering?

JS: Still not out to AC...
... May try to get another extension (ends Sept 30)

JT: I guess we will wait to hear

2. CR process update (Jeanne and Jan)

JS: We are out for comments... comments due Oct 1
... Checking if we received any comments...
... None so far

3. Implementation report update (Jan)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013JulSep/att-0068/ATAG2ImplementationReport20130916.html

JS: Will move that to http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ATAG2ImplementationReport.html

JR: Great to hear that Defacto will be updating their column in the report

JT: I was at Google Accessibility summit last week...
... I talked to their Course Builder grroup.
... Say they will prompt for captionning, descriptions, captions, accessibility metadata....
... So I hope to continue those discussions.
... Hoping that once we have one Google product, we can get more.

JS: Great.

JT: I talked to another group as welll... Kanan (sp?)
... So we should have good representation in CMS area
... Updates Cherie....
... Any other updates?

AC: Are there any tools we should look at?

JR: Development tool for applet, scripts, or applications... any that you use.

4. Request from EO to be more clear about how our levels (A, AA, AAA) were set.

JR: Here's our explanation: http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20120410/#intro_understand_levels_conformance

JS: New approach is that they want help for newcomers

TB: Speaking from govt, anything that can be done would be helpful

JS: What kinds of things?

TB: Not sure....but in some other accessibility-related realms, people are looking for appropriate things to put in contracts etc.
... I know its a significant problems in acquistion related domains

JS: Could you try to talk to some people and get ideas?

TB: Yes I can attempt to find out something (but don't give me an action item)...there may not be anything.

JS: It's an important audience that we should serve if we can

JT: A bit different from what's in the agenda item....sounds like requirements

<alastair> Some of the docs from here might be useful, D1 or D3 perhaps? www.mandate376.eu
TB: I'd like to see anything that make the document more usable for acquistion officials

AC: Mandate376 may have some useful wording

JT: Seems that there are several ways to approach this....
... eg. text framing of rationale for A, AA, AAA
... something that can be put into reqs documents

JR: Gives example of how AODA makes use of WCAg2 A and AA

AC: In Mandate376...also makes heavy use of WCAG2 and its levels

JT: How should we move forward....
... There does seem to be discussion on the CG

TB: Any implications for ATAG2 at CR

JS: What Shawn has said, is to put all that info in Implementing ATAG2 (the informative, nonnormative) doc

JT: OK, we will monitor this a bit to see how it plays out
... To see where CG discussion goes
... Any other issues?
... OK great, see you next Monday Sept 30