W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > January to March 2013

RE: Minutes from AUWG Teleconference on 18 March 2013 3:00pm-4:00pm ET

From: Boland Jr, Frederick E. <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:51:15 -0400
To: "Richards, Jan" <jrichards@ocadu.ca>, "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D7A0423E5E193F40BE6E94126930C4930BFD2B7646@MBCLUSTER.xchange.nist.gov>
Belated regrets - conflicting meeting ran long - unfortunately I will miss next week as well..
Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST

-----Original Message-----
From: Richards, Jan [mailto:jrichards@ocadu.ca] 
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 3:44 PM
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Subject: Minutes from AUWG Teleconference on 18 March 2013 3:00pm-4:00pm ET

http://www.w3.org/2013/03/18-au-minutes.html

WAI AU

18 Mar 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Jeanne, Jan, Cherie, Jutta, +1.561.582.aaaa, Sueann, Greg Regrets Chair Jutta Treviranus Scribe Jan Contents

Topics
1. Re-chartering (Jeanne)
2. Approval of remaining tests
3. Thoughts re: AUWG meeting or event at China TPAC Nov 2013 Next steps Summary of Action Items <scribe> scribe: Jan 1. Re-chartering (Jeanne)

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130314/results
JT: 8 people have agreed so far...
... So we can conclude unanimous agreement ... Any other issues?
Resolution: All of the group (including Jutta) resolve to move forward with the charter.
2. Approval of remaining tests

JR: JT did give late January date for issues.
JT: Anyone object?
All: No
JT: To approve the updated tests as they appear in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013JanMar/att-0050/ATAG2-10April2012PublicWD-Tests-rev20130304.html
JT Concerns?
CE: What is the process as testing happens?
... Will they be revised as needed?
JT: Already updated...
CE: But what happens if problems are found during testing?
JS: The questions can be revised as necessary if faulty
Resolution: To approve the updated tests as they appear in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013JanMar/att-0050/ATAG2-10April2012PublicWD-Tests-rev20130304.html
3. Thoughts re: AUWG meeting or event at China TPAC Nov 2013

JT: Here we had thoughts of 1-2 members present in China...
... Could hold workshop or public outreach session, possibily with EO
JS: Talked with Shawn at W3C, they are just preliminary
JT: We have additional connections in China as well ... China is a very active participant in ISO meetings ... They engage many universities, ministries etc...so we have many contacts through ISO
JS: Might be useful to include some of them in our event as presenters
JT: Also would like to do more authoring tool related things in plenary
JS: Once the TPAC wiki is setup, we just put our topics up. I will let the group know once it opens.
JT: Catches up Greg...unanimous approval of rechartering....
... And then accepting updated tests
GP: Not sure who will be there, but maybe Andrew K
JT: So maybe we (AUWG) could get some of his help ... An danyone from IBM or Microsoft?
SN: No idea.
CE: No - haven't talked with Alex about it yet Next steps

JS: We need to assemble list of implementations to be tested ... And that will help inform our exit criteria
JT: We have a prior doc listing implementations...what state is it in?
JR: Its ok for those 10 tools...but we need other tools etc.
... I thinkpeople should send ideas to the list as they find them.
JT: Also our own tools - it would be good to list too......in our own shop we have a few that can demonstrate implementrations ... Worthwhile to update our own tools as well...
CE: Time is limited, can't speak for Alex ... Sorry I don't have resource support at the moment
JT: IBM tools?
SN: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2012OctDec/att-0009/ATAG2-20120410PublicWD-ImplementationReport-rev20121012.html
JS: At ATIA I talked to an IBMer about auto captionning tool
JT: Adobe tools?
GP: Not at the moment, but we have things we are contemplating.
JT: The report lists a few adobe things that could use updating.
... in the next week, we need to update this chart with more implementations ... JS, do we have a pool of potential implementers.
JR: Lets reach out on WAI-IG and WebAIM
JS: OK, lets talk about this, we will need to send people to proper info
JR: Agreed
JT: OK so by next week, some language for recruiting...
... And pls strart updating the implementation report
JR: OK so if people have updates pls send me a text email...with a list of name of file + SC + status <scribe> ACTION: JR to Update the implementation report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/18-au-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-385 - Update the implementation report [on Jan Richards - due 2013-03-25].
<scribe> ACTION: JS to Develop information for tester outreach [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/18-au-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-386 - Develop information for tester outreach [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2013-03-25].
JT: May even want a test outreach
... May even want a test outreach event
JS: WCAG had a mini site with at least 10 pages for implementors and testers
JT: Wonderful, anything else for today?
... Tal to everyone next week....please look at the implementation chart Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: JR to Update the implementation report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/18-au-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: JS to Develop information for tester outreach [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/18-au-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

(MR) JAN RICHARDS
PROJECT MANAGER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
OCAD UNIVERSITY

T 416 977 6000 x3957
F 416 977 9844
E jrichards@ocadu.ca


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richards, Jan [mailto:jrichards@ocadu.ca]
> Sent: March-17-13 11:53 PM
> To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
> Subject: AUWG Teleconference on 18 March 2013 3:00pm-4:00pm ET
> 
> There will be an AUWG teleconference on Monday 18 March 2013 at 3:00 
> pm- 4:00 pm ET:
> Call: (617) 761-6200 ext. 2894#
> Zakim: +1.617.761.6200       (Boston)
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #au
> 
> If people think they will arrive more than 15 minutes late, please 
> send me an email beforehand.
> 
> Most Recent Editors Drafts
> =====================
> ATAG 2.0
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ED-ATAG20-20130220/
> Implementing ATAG 2.0
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ED-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20130220/
> 
> Agenda
> ======
> 
> 1. Re-chartering (Jeanne)
> 
> 2. Approval of remaining tests
> The updated tests file is here:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013JanMar/att-0050/ATA
> G2- 10April2012PublicWD-Tests-rev20130304.html
> 
> *NOTE:* The WG Chair has set a deadline of 3:00pm ET on Monday, 
> January 28,
> 2013 to respond to the surveys otherwise the tests are deemed accepted:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013JanMar/0012.html
> 
> 3. Thoughts re: AUWG meeting or event at China TPAC Nov 2013
> 
> 
> 
> 
> (MR) JAN RICHARDS
> PROJECT MANAGER
> INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC) OCAD UNIVERSITY
> 
> T 416 977 6000 x3957
> F 416 977 9844
> E jrichards@ocadu.ca
> 
> 
Received on Monday, 18 March 2013 19:51:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 18 March 2013 19:51:40 GMT