W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > January to March 2013

Minutes from AUWG Teleconference on 11 Mar 2013 3:00pm-4:00pm ET

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocadu.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 20:02:50 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Message-ID: <0B1EB1C972BCB740B522ACBCD5F48DEB479EC7F0@ocadmail-maildb.ocad.ca>
http://www.w3.org/2013/03/11-au-minutes.html


WAI AU

11 Mar 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Jeanne, Jan, Jutta, +1.571.765.aaaa, Greg, Tim_Boland
Regrets
Cherie_E, Alex_Li_(likely)
Chair
Jutta Treviranus
Scribe
Jan
Contents

Topics
TPAC idea
1. Re-chartering survey results:
Summary of Action Items
<scribe> scribe: Jan
TPAC idea

JS: WCAG is now a 4 host org...should added a University in China
... Next years TPAC will be in Shenzhen China
... In early Nov.
... We are asking a little early
JT: Any other accessibility working groups to be there?
JS: Yes
... Plus we are expecting 200+ local developers to attend.
... PF, WCAG, EO to meet there.
... Also trying to have UA meet there.
JT: Should we have a meeting there?
GP: I know they are not part of this working group, there will be some other Adobe folks there....but I may not be able to attend.
TB: Sounds like good meeting, but will have to check budgetr
JT: Is a WG meeting the only mechanism?... what about having an education and outrach type activity?
JS: Yes that's possible ... I sent an idea like that for UAAG to Judy
... EO will be holding open meeting...we are thinking the same for UA
TB: Idea might be to channel our activities through the EO group.
... Would look good to have all the groups' work prersented together
JT: When do we need to formulate a response?
JS: Need rough idea this week.
... We need to start the fund raising
JT: Do we want to hold a meeting there?
JR: It does seem like many WAI groups are meeting there
JT: I feel like whatever we do there....there should be outreach activities
JS: Most of the other WGs will be lightly attended...and focussed on outreach
... A 9am meeting in Shenshen is 8pm eastern time...5pm West Coast
... Will be testing at that time
JT: We have had a number of potential Chinese members, who just can't make it
to our usual call
JT: Tentative conclusion is that we will have some presence there...some kind of outreach...
JR: So perhaps a few of our members would attend in person...
... Would run outreach activities there...and also on a couple of day 9am-noon (8pm-11pm ET) WG meetings
JT: Yes
... How do we get onto the plenary presentation agenda?
JS: Harder....in recent years its been an unconference
... In advance there has been a topic wiki
... Not sure if they will do that in China
JT: Please investigate how we get onto the Wed plenary agenda
JS: OK
<jeanne> ACTION: Jeanne to investigate how to get an ATAG presentation on the Wednesday plenary agenda. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/11-au-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Error creating new action - could not connect to Tracker. Please contact sysreq with the details of what happened.
1. Re-chartering survey results:

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130301/results
<jeanne> Resolution: In the new charter, remove the dependency on WCAG and UAAG.
Resolution: Agree on 4 weeks to finalize tests
Milestone for Proposed Recommendation - Part 1: Assembling Implementation List: 2 months
Milestone for Proposed Recommendation - Part 2: Testing the products
Discussion of numbers of tools required for CR
JR prefers less tools
JT: So for last milestone...you were thinking much more time?
JR: Figure of a year came up
JS: I don't want that, but ARIA has been testing for almost 2 years
... WCAG testing ...was it a year?
JT: At least
JS: One major thing is that we've already written the tests
JT: Can we move faster than the milestone?
JS: Would be ok
JT: OK, so why don't we go with a year here
JS: ok
GP: OK
JR: OK
JT: I will be sending a msg out re: final approval of the tests
Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to investigate how to get an ATAG presentation on the Wednesday plenary agenda. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/11-au-minutes.html#action01]


(MR) JAN RICHARDS
PROJECT MANAGER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
OCAD UNIVERSITY

T 416 977 6000 x3957
F 416 977 9844
E jrichards@ocadu.ca


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richards, Jan [mailto:jrichards@ocadu.ca]
> Sent: March-11-13 8:45 AM
> To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
> Subject: AUWG Teleconference on 11 Mar 2013 3:00pm-4:00pm ET
> 
> There will be an AUWG teleconference on Monday 11 March 2013 at 3:00 pm- 4:00
> pm ET:
> Call: (617) 761-6200 ext. 2894#
> Zakim: +1.617.761.6200       (Boston)
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #au
> 
> If people think they will arrive more than 15 minutes late, please send me an email
> beforehand.
> 
> Most Recent Editors Drafts
> =====================
> ATAG 2.0
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ED-ATAG20-20130220/
> Implementing ATAG 2.0
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ED-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20130220/
> 
> Agenda
> ======
> 
> 1. Re-chartering survey results:
> - This survey uses a different form than the typical survey -- there are no options to
> check, just text boxes for open responses.
> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130301/
> 
> 2. Review of answers to the surveys re: tests:
> 
> The updated tests file is here:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013JanMar/att-0036/ATAG2-
> 10April2012PublicWD-Tests-rev20130212.html
> 
> Part 3 (A.4 - B.2) - We finished down to the start of B.2.4.1 last week.
> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130107-4/results
> 
> Part 4 (B.3 - B.4)
> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130107-3/results
> 
> *NOTE:* The WG Chair has set a deadline of 3:00pm ET on Monday, January 28,
> 2013 to respond to the surveys otherwise the tests are deemed accepted:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013JanMar/0012.html
> 
> (MR) JAN RICHARDS
> PROJECT MANAGER
> INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
> OCAD UNIVERSITY
> 
> T 416 977 6000 x3957
> F 416 977 9844
> E jrichards@ocadu.ca
> 
Received on Monday, 11 March 2013 20:03:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 11 March 2013 20:03:17 GMT