RE: Minutes from AUWG Teleconference on 4 Mar 2013 3:00pm-4:00pm ET

I tried to answer some questions in the chartering survey, but for some reason they weren't recorded.  Is the survey OK, or should I try again?
Sorry I missed today's call.. conflicting meeting
Best Tim Boland NIST

-----Original Message-----
From: Richards, Jan [mailto:jrichards@ocadu.ca]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 4:21 PM
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Subject: Minutes from AUWG Teleconference on 4 Mar 2013 3:00pm-4:00pm ET

http://www.w3.org/2013/03/04-au-minutes.html

WAI AU

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Jeanne, Jan, Alex, +1.571.765.aaaa, Greg Regrets J._Treviranus, T._Boland Chair Jan Richards Scribe Jan Contents

Topics
1. Re-chartering survey results
Milestones
B.1.1.2
2. Review of answers to the surveys re: tests:
B.1.1.2 Content Auto-Generation During Authoring Sessions
B.1.2.1 Restructuring and Recoding Transformations (WCAG)
B.1.2.2 Copy-Paste Inside Authoring Tool (WCAG)
B.1.2.3 Optimizations Preserve Accessibility
B.1.2.4 Text Alternatives for Non-Text Content are Preserved
B.2.1.1 Accessible Content Possible (WCAG)
B.2.2.1 Accessible Option Prominence (WCAG)
B.2.2.2 Setting Accessibility Properties (WCAG)
B.2.3.1 Alternative Content is Editable (WCAG)
B.2.3.2 Repair of Text Alternatives During Authoring Sessions
B.2.3.3 Repair of Text Alternatives After Authoring Sessions
B.2.3.4 Save for Reuse
Summary of Action Items
<scribe> Scribe: Jan
1. Re-chartering survey results

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130301/results
<jeanne> JS: One way.
<jeanne> JR: They are nice to talk to, but why give ourselves formal dependencies when we don't need to talk with them.
<jeanne> ... Keep wCAG, and maybe UAAG, because we refer to them.
Milestones

<jeanne> JR: Jeanne said 2 months, and I said 4 weeks. Since Alex has said that he won't be in the way of the group, I think it will take 4 weeks.
<jeanne> JR: Assembling the list of the tools.
<jeanne> JS: Suspect that we will need 20 tools.
<jeanne> JR: I don't think we will be testing 20 tools. 10 at the most.
<jeanne> JS: When I look at the report from October 2012, there were a lot of SC that were yellow/red.
<jeanne> JR: We aren't in contact with that many developers. Maybe we can say 10 to 20.
<jeanne> AL: Once we release a product, we aren't going to spend more resources testing it.
<jeanne> GP: We are in a similar situation <jeanne> ... we will probably take an already shipping product and run the tests on it.
<jeanne> JR: I always assumed that we would be testing shipping products <jeanne> AL: Once a product has shipped, I can't stop anyone from testing it.
<jeanne> JR: We want to hit a lot of SCs in a few products, then we want to use the specialized products to clean up.

<jeanne> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130107-4/results
B.1.1.2 Content Auto-Generation During Authoring Sessions

B.1.2.1 Restructuring and Recoding Transformations (WCAG)

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130107-4/results#xq10
in the second test...there are a few instances where restructuring should say recoding
B.1.2.2 Copy-Paste Inside Authoring Tool (WCAG)

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130107-4/results#xq11
Fixed the condition
B.1.2.3 Optimizations Preserve Accessibility

B.1.2.4 Text Alternatives for Non-Text Content are Preserved

B.2.1.1 Accessible Content Possible (WCAG)

B.2.2.1 Accessible Option Prominence (WCAG)

B.2.2.2 Setting Accessibility Properties (WCAG)

B.2.3.1 Alternative Content is Editable (WCAG)

B.2.3.2 Repair of Text Alternatives During Authoring Sessions

B.2.3.3 Repair of Text Alternatives After Authoring Sessions

Add: "If the authoring tool does not give you an opportunity to accept, modify or reject the string, then select FAIL."
B.2.3.4 Save for Reuse

Begin at B.2.4.1 next time

(MR) JAN RICHARDS
PROJECT MANAGER