RE: ATAG 2.0 Focus indicator during navigation

No serious objection, but why are we deviating from WCAG 2.4.7?

-----Original Message-----
From: Richards, Jan [mailto:jrichards@ocadu.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:15 AM
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Subject: RE: ATAG 2.0 Focus indicator during navigation

Sorry, I pressed send to quickly on the previous email.

Here's the proposal for a new ATAG 2.0 SC. The wording is adjusted from that of WCAG [1] and makes use of the ATAG2 term "sequential keyboard access":

A.3.1.2 Focus Visible: If the *authoring tool* provides *sequential keyboard access*, then a keyboard focus indicator can be visible. (Level A)

---

[1] 2.4.7 Focus Visible: Any keyboard operable user interface has a mode of operation where the keyboard focus indicator is visible. (Level AA)

 [2] ATAG2.0 Glossary: sequential keyboard access: Using a keyboard interface to navigate the focus one-by-one through all of the items in an ordered set (e.g., menu items, form fields) until the desired item is reached and activated. This is in contrast to direct keyboard access methods such as keyboard shortcuts and the use of bypass links.

(MR) JAN RICHARDS
PROJECT MANAGER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
OCAD UNIVERSITY