Implementations may be hard to find for ATAG2 B.2.4.4 Identify Template Accessibility (Enhanced)

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocadu.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 02:20:38 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Hi all,

We are getting really close to having potential implementations for all of the SCs...

But one SC I wonder about is:
B.2.4.4 Identify Template Accessibility (Enhanced): If the authoring tool provides any non-accessible templates (WCAG) options and does not include a template selection mechanism, then the non-accessible templates include accessibility warnings within the templates. (Level AAA)

Its purpose is clear...to plug a potential accessibility issue in an otherwise excellent tool (at Level AAA)...but I wonder if the expectation that non-accessible templates will be explicitly labelled is really going to be implemented.

(MR) JAN RICHARDS
PROJECT MANAGER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
OCAD UNIVERSITY