W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > April to June 2013

Minutes from AUWG Teleconference on 8 April 2013 3:00pm-4:00pm ET

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocadu.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 20:03:36 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Message-ID: <0B1EB1C972BCB740B522ACBCD5F48DEB479FCAC5@ocadmail-maildb.ocad.ca>
Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2013/04/08-au-minutes.html



Full text:
WAI AU
08 Apr 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
    Greg, Jan, Jeanne, Cherie, Alastair, Tim_Boland, [IPcaller]
Regrets
    Alex_L., Sueanne_L.
Chair
    Jutta Treviranus
Scribe
    jeanne

Contents

    Topics
        1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)
        Where are we on CR?
        2. Implementation report (Jan)
    Summary of Action Items

http://groups.drupal.org/node/164389


<Jan> Chair: Jan Richards

<AlastairC> Another useful drupal resource if checking drupal: http://groups.drupal.org/node/85199


<scribe> scribe: jeanne
1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)

<Jan> JS: I have submitted the charter request

<Jan> JS: Met with Judy last week and she had a few things she wanted explained

<Jan> JS: New draft will circulate to the group next week

<Jan> JS: June 30 is the deadline

<Jan> JS: If rechartering is delayed, we can't publish
Where are we on CR?

<Jan> JS: We are getting close

<Jan> JS: We still need to write Status (JS), Announcements (JS), test doc for publishing (JS)...

<Jan> JS: Need to get CR Exit Criteria written and approved.

<Jan> JS: We have been working on it...Judy has it...

<Jan> JS: I will meet Judy tomorrow about it

<Jan> JS: I've never actually done one

<Jan> JS: Then hopefully a call with Jan, Jutta, Judy this week

<Jan> JS: If we can get agreement we will bring to the group...

<Jan> JS: Then we publish and are into CR

<Jan> JS; Then we need to write up all the instructions for outside testers

<Jan> JS: I have outlines of pages

<Jan> JS: We really want to have them ready when the CR announcements go out
2. Implementation report (Jan)

<Jan> DRAFT Implementation report:

<Jan> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013JanMar/att-0062/ATAG2-20120410PublicWD-ImplementationReport-rev20130321.html


JR: We sent the draft implementation report a couple weeks ago. People were asked to send in edits.
... none received yet.
... Greg let me know that he is ready to start working on it.
... the other column codes. @none = no known implementations, @Several, @Many
... The Other column also lists products that we think would cover this SC.

JS: We should also look at the At Risk items and strategize how we are going to deal with them.

JR: the way that we are writing the exit criteria, is that we are not going to try to find implemenations for WCAG AAA items.

<Jan> 3. Each success criterion that depends for its level on WCAG 2.0 will be positively implemented by at least two implementations at Level AA.

<Jan> ◦ Implementations up to WCAG Level AAA will be recorded, but are not required. This level has value as it may be met by tools developed to serve specialized markets; however, WCAG 2.0 recommends against requiring WCAG 2.0 Level AAA as a general policy for entire sites, so it is unlikely that most tool developers will attempt to implement to this level.

JR: We still have to find implemenatations for our own AAA success criteria, but we are proposing to not have to find implementations for the success criteria dependent on WCAG AAA.

A.1.2.1 and A.1.2.2 need to follow accessibility guidelines - we need more. We have 1 each

A.3.6.3 Apply platform settings - apply platform settings.

B.1.1.1 COntent auto-generation after authoring sessions

AC: I don't think DeFacto does this.

JS: I think this would be an example of a CMS or LMS where the author's text is included in a template.

JR: Also Facebook, where the author content may be redesigned in a new template and presented with different code surrounding the author content.

AC: CMS would collect small or large pieces from the author and manipulates it later.

<scribe> ACTION: Jeanne will look at Moodle to see if it meets B.1.1.1 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/08-au-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-387 - Will look at Moodle to see if it meets B.1.1.1 [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2013-04-15].

B.1.2.2 Copy-Paste - this should not be hard to find, but we need concrete examples.

AC: I would think Markdown Editors should do this. Wiki style markup.

JR: Do they have a way to optimize that code, like remove white spaces?
... another example would be a video tool that optimaizes the video quality, and make sure that it saves the video track.
... in Powerpoint, it does an optimization cropping all the images. DOes that keep the alterntaive information when it is optimized.

AC: Acrobat has an optimization tool that optimizes a PDF.
... Youtube optimizes automatically. We would have to check if it deletes the option track.

B.2.2.1 Accessible Option Prominance - does the tool allow a choice between accessible or inaccessible, and is the accessible option equally prominant, measured by number of clicks.

JS: Would templates count here?

JR: Not every tool will allow inaccessible content to be created. It makes it harder to find an example.

B.2.2.2 Setting Accessibility Properties

AC: Maybe, I think we align horizontally based on class

JR: Other tools have have a great deal of flexibility will likely hit this.

B.2.3.2 Repair of text alternatives during authoring

JR: This is only relevent to tools the pre-fill alternative content.

<scribe> ACTION: jeanne to check on the possible new flag in HTML for content that is automatically generated. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/08-au-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-388 - Check on the possible new flag in HTML for content that is automatically generated. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2013-04-15].

AC: DeFacto will remember alt text and suggest it the next time it is used.

JR: Does it do it for any other accessibility properties, like longdesc?

AC: I don't think we have implemented longdesc yet.
... I think Wordpress does this.

Next meeting: Accessible templates


Cheers,
Jan

(MR) JAN RICHARDS
PROJECT MANAGER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
OCAD UNIVERSITY

T 416 977 6000 x3957
F 416 977 9844
E jrichards@ocadu.ca


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richards, Jan
> Sent: April-08-13 10:25 AM
> To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
> Subject: AUWG Teleconference on 8 April 2013 3:00pm-4:00pm ET
> 
> There will be an AUWG teleconference on Monday 8 April 2013 at 3:00 pm- 4:00
> pm ET:
> Call: (617) 761-6200 ext. 2894#
> Zakim: +1.617.761.6200       (Boston)
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #au
> 
> If people think they will arrive more than 15 minutes late, please send me an email
> beforehand.
> 
> Most Recent Editors Drafts
> =====================
> ATAG 2.0
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ED-ATAG20-20130220/

> Implementing ATAG 2.0
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ED-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20130220/

> 
> Agenda
> ======
> 
> 1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)
> 
> 2. Implementation report (Jan)
> 
> - DRAFT Implementation report:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013JanMar/att-0062/ATAG2-

> 20120410PublicWD-ImplementationReport-rev20130321.html
> 
> - Please send in your additions/edits in the following format:
>  SC#-Level-Product-Status
> E.g. A.1.1.1-LevelA-Drupal-Yes
> 
> - Note: I have not received any additions from others on the group. We really need
> these to keep making forward progress.
> 
> 
> 
> Cheers,
> Jan
> 
> (MR) JAN RICHARDS
> PROJECT MANAGER
> INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
> OCAD UNIVERSITY
> 
> T 416 977 6000 x3957
> F 416 977 9844
> E jrichards@ocadu.ca
> 

Received on Monday, 8 April 2013 20:04:03 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:40:05 UTC