RE: AUWG meeting today will be for the testing subgroup

A.3.7.1 Preview (Minimum): If a preview is provided, then at least one of the following is true: (Level A)

(a) In-Market User Agent: The preview renders content using a user agent that is in-market; or

(b) UAAG (Level A): The preview conforms to the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 Level A [UAAG].

Test 0001 Assertion: If a preview mode exists, determine if the preview uses an in-market user agent, or if it is a custom preview which conforms to Level A of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0

Test Author: Greg Pisocky

Test 0001 Steps:

1.      Establish the existence of a preview mode.

a.      Determine from the user interface, online help, or documentation that the application provides a preview mode. If no preview mode exists, then SKIP, else go to step 2, "Display content using the authoring tool's preview mode."

2.      Display content using the authoring tool's preview mode, determine the nature of the preview mode.

a.      Create / open web content with the authoring tool.

b.      Invoke the content preview mode.

c.      Note the options for viewing content in preview mode.

d.      If one of the options for viewing content in preview mode employs an in-market user agent, then PASS.

e.      If none of the options are based upon an in-market user agent, then determine if any of the available  preview modes meet all of the Priority 1 checkpoints of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0<http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-USERAGENT/guidelines.html#Guidelines>

f.       Invoke the first available preview mode.

g.      If the available preview mode meets all of the Priority 1 1 checkpoints of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0<http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-USERAGENT/guidelines.html#Guidelines> then PASS.

h.      If the available preview mode does not meet all of the Priority 1 checkpoints of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0<http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-USERAGENT/guidelines.html#Guidelines> and it is the only preview mode available then FAIL.

i.       If the available preview mode does not meet all of the Priority 1 checkpoints checkpoints of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0<http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-USERAGENT/guidelines.html#Guidelines> and there are additional preview modes available then repeat steps g through I for that preview mode.

j.       Once all preview modes that are not based on in-market user agents have been evaluated, determine if any conform to Level A of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0<http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-USERAGENT/guidelines.html#Guidelines>.

                                                    i.     If at least one of the available user agents used for Preview Mode that was not based upon an in market user agent PASSED steps  g through j, then PASS.

                                                   ii.     If all of the available user agents used for Preview Mode that was not based upon an in market user agent FAILED steps g through j, then FAIL.

A.3.7.2 Preview (Enhanced): If a preview is provided, then authors can specify which user agent performs the preview. (Level AAA)

Test 0001 Assertion: If users are given the opportunity to choose a preview based upon a user agent,  then users are provided an option to choose from a set of in-market  user agents.

Test Author: Greg Pisocky

Test 0001 Steps:

1.      Establish the existence of a preview based upon a user agent.

a.      Determine from the user interface, online help, or documentation that the application provides a preview mode. If no Preview Mode Exists, then SKIP, else go to step 2, "Display content using the authoring tool's preview mode."

2.      Display content using the authoring tool's preview mode, determine if the preview mode offers users an opportunity to preview content from a selection of in-market user agents.

a.      Create / Open Web Content with the authoring tool.

b.      Invoke the content preview mode.

c.      Note if there are options for viewing content in preview mode.

d.      Note if the options are based on any in-market user agents.

e.      If none of the preview options are based on in-market user agents, then SKIP, else go to f

f.       If the preview option is based upon a single in market user agent, then select FAIL else go to g.

g.      If the preview option provides users an opportunity to choose from two or more in market user agents, then select PASS.