W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > January to March 2012

Minutes for AUWG Teleconference on 26 March 2012 3:00pm-4:00pm ET

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocadu.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 19:52:00 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Message-ID: <0B1EB1C972BCB740B522ACBCD5F48DEB03A5A8D0@ocadmail-maildb.ocad.ca>
Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2012/03/26-au-minutes.html

Full text:
WAI AU

26 Mar 2012

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Jeanne, Jan, Greg, Cherie, Jutta
Regrets
Tim_B., Sueann_N
Chair
Jan Richards
Scribe
Jan
Contents

Topics
1. Publication update (Jeanne)
2. Need to update conformance report (Jan)
3. Testing update (Jeanne)
4. F2F at TPAC in Nov (Jeanne)
5. Process review heads-up (Jeanne)
6. Any comments on RDWG Online Symposium on Mobile Accessibility
Summary of Action Items
1. Publication update (Jeanne)

JS: Making way through process
... Status and announcement getting some edits
... No ETA yet
2. Need to update conformance report (Jan)

JR: Not done yet
3. Testing update (Jeanne)

JS: Raises idea of a taskforce of testing people to jointly work on conformance testing
... If we get past Last Call we move on to Candiate Rec and then we need test cases
... Especially the edge cases
CE: Timing?
JS: To start in the next month or two
<scribe> Scribe: Jan
CE: Timing is a prob
4. F2F at TPAC in Nov (Jeanne)

Next tpac in Nov in France: http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/
JS: Tremendous opportunity to interact with other WG
... 4 days when WGs can meet...so we can have F2F mtg there
CE: Call in capabilities?
JS: Yes, we always have that
<jeanne> ACTION: jeanne to create a survey on a F2F at TPAC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/26-au-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-375 - Create a survey on a F2F at TPAC [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2012-04-02].
JS: We need to respond by mid-april
5. Process review heads-up (Jeanne)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2012Mar/att-0007/AB_List_of_Concerns-20120306.htm
JS: Very important for accessibility groups to look at this critically.
... If things are too accelerated, accessibility can be lost.
... And internationalization
JR: There are some possibilities for effeciencies as well
JT: Notes "Can we improve input from 'horizontal' groups (WAI, I18N, ...)"
JS: Please send your comments to Judy
JR: Did Judy want any offical AUWG feedback?
JT: TImeline for comments back to Judy
JS: Not sure...looking at CG meeting minutes...
... Needs input by April 6
JT: What's best way? Circulate something by email?
JS: Sounds good
JT: Let's use this opportunity to make it easier to add accesibility
JR: Maybe I can start it
6. Any comments on RDWG Online Symposium on Mobile Accessibility

http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile_Pre_CFP
Next meeting April 2
Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: jeanne to create a survey on a F2F at TPAC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/03/26-au-minutes.html#action01]


-- 
(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.
jrichards@ocadu.ca | 416-977-6000 ext. 3957 | fax: 416-977-9844
Inclusive Design Research Centre (IDRC) | http://idrc.ocad.ca/
Faculty of Design | OCAD University

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richards, Jan [mailto:jrichards@ocadu.ca]
> Sent: March 22, 2012 11:37 PM
> To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
> Subject: AUWG Teleconference on 26 March 2012 3:00pm-4:00pm ET
> 
> There will be an AUWG teleconference on Monday 26 March 2012 at 3:00 pm
> - 4:00 pm ET:
> 
> Call: (617) 761-6200 ext. 2894#
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #au
> 
> (Note: Daylight savings change - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-
> au/2012JanMar/0042.html)
> 
> If people think they will arrive more than 15 minutes late, please send me an
> email beforehand.
> 
> The dial-in numbers for Zakim are now ONLY:
> ===========================================
> +1.617.761.6200 (Boston)
> 
> 
> Editor Drafts:
> ==============
> ATAG 2.0
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2012/ED-ATAG20-20120307/
> Implementing ATAG 2.0
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2012/ED-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20120307/
> 
> Agenda
> ======
> 
> 1. Publication update (Jeanne)
> 
> 2. Need to update conformance report (Jan)
> 
> 3. Testing update (Jeanne)
> 
> 4. F2F at TPAC in Nov (Jeanne)
> http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/
> 
> 5. Process review heads-up (Jeanne)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2012Mar/att-
> 0007/AB_List_of_Concerns-20120306.htm
> 
> 6. Any comments on RDWG Online Symposium on Mobile Accessibility
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile_Pre_CFP
> 
> Cheers,
> Jan
> 
> 
> (MR) JAN RICHARDS
> PROJECT MANAGER
> INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
> 
> T 416 977 6000 x3957
> F 416 977 9844
> E jrichards@ocadu.ca
> 
> Twitter @OCAD
> Facebook www.facebook.com/OCADUniversity
> 
> OCAD UNIVERSITY
> 205 Richmond Street West, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Canada  M5V 1V3
> www.ocadu.ca idrc.ocadu.ca
> 
Received on Monday, 26 March 2012 19:52:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 26 March 2012 19:52:27 GMT