RE: Copy-paste SC in ATAG2

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocadu.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:57:52 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Hi Sueann,

Sorry for my limited phone connectivity on Monday's call (and my busy week)...

I noted your concern in the minutes that it may not be clear that the SC is targeting only situations in which the copy and paste both happen in the same authoring too.

I propose that the following may be more clear:

B.1.2.2 Copy-Paste Inside Authoring Tool (WCAG):
If the authoring tool supports copy and paste of structured content, then any accessibility information (WCAG) in the copied content is preserved in the pasted content, when the authoring tool is both the source and destination of the copy-paste.

*Does anyone object?

The previous wording was:
"Copy-Paste Inside Authoring Tool: If the authoring tool provides for copy-paste of structured content within the authoring tool, then any accessibility information (WCAG) in the copied content is preserved."

(MR) JAN RICHARDS
PROJECT MANAGER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)

T 416 977 6000 x3957
F 416 977 9844
E jrichards@ocadu.ca

Twitter @OCAD
Facebook www.facebook.com/OCADUniversity

OCAD UNIVERSITY
205 Richmond Street West, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Canada  M5V 1V3
www.ocadu.ca
idrc.ocadu.ca