RE: Copy-paste and ATAG2 B.1.2.1 Restructuring and Recoding Transformations

Hi all,

A bit more info on my musing last night around:
B.1.2.4 Internal Copy-Paste: If the authoring tool is used to copy (or cut) and then paste web content, then any accessibility information (WCAG) in the copied content is preserved when it is pasted. (Level A)

1. Windows does allow HTML fragments to be stored on the clipboard (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms649015%28v=vs.85%29.aspx) but other platforms may not, so my wording is too strong.

2. But I think that on platforms with HTML-supporting clipboards it makes sense to preserve the accessibility ESPECIALLY if parts of HTML that might potentially negatively impact accessibility are kept (e.g. images)

Cheers,
Jan

--
(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.