From: Alex Li [mailto:alli@microsoft.com]
Sent: June-05-12 6:10 PM
To: public-atag2-comments@w3.org
Cc: Cherie Ekholm
Subject: Re: ATAG 2.0 Last Call Working Draft published

Hi all,

We recognize significant improvement made in this draft of ATAG 2.0.  Please extend our appreciation to the AUWG.

Below are some new issues that we found.  Please adjust ATAG 2.0 draft as appropriate.

Please simplify or clarify B.1.1 "Rationale: If authoring tools automatically specify web content with accessibility problems (WCAG), then additional repair tasks are imposed on authors."  We found the wording confusing.

It would be helpful to have exception for B.2.3.1 in the case of CAPTCHA, decorative, formatting, and invisible images.

The wording "text alternatives may only be suggested under the following conditions" under B.2.3.2 makes it sounds like text alternative suggestion is not a good practice.  Please make minor reword to remove the negative connotation.

The text for B2.3.3 still requires improvements.  Text value for text alternative is, by definition, available to user agents-making this SC rather illogical.

All best,

Alex Li
Senior Strategist
Microsoft Trustworthy Computing Group