W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > October to December 2011

Minutes from Monday (31 Oct 2011)'s Extended AUWG Teleconference (noon-5:00pm ET)

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocad.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:14:42 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Message-ID: <0B1EB1C972BCB740B522ACBCD5F48DEB03976E42@ocadmail-maildb.ocad.ca>
Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2011/10/31-au-minutes.html



> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richards, Jan
> Sent: October 28, 2011 4:00 PM
> To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
> Subject: Details for Monday (31 Oct 2011)'s Extended AUWG
> Teleconference (noon-5:00pm ET) - Note: The Connect Details
> 
> There will be an extended AUWG teleconference on Monday 31 October 2011
> at noon - 5:00 pm ET:
> 
> We will use the regular call and bridge:
> 
> Call: (617)761-6200 ext. 2894#
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #au
> 
> AND we will also be testing Adobe Connect Meeting for screen-sharing
> (Thanks Greg!):
> Meeting Name:  AUWG Extended Conference Call
> When:  10/31/2011 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
> Time Zone:  (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada)
> Conference Number(s):  +1 617.761.6200
> Participant Code: 2894
> To join the meeting: http://my.adobeconnect.com/atag/
> ---
> If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before:
> Test your connection:
> http://my.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
> Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview
> Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Adobe Connect are either registered
> trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United
> States and/or other countries.
> 
> ====================================================
> 
> Editor's Drafts:
> ================
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-ATAG20-20111014/
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20111014/
> 
> Agenda:
> ========
> Goal: Attempting to come to consensus on all remaining blocker issues
> (identified here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-
> au/2011OctDec/0040.html) except WCAG-WG's issue.
> 
> 1. MS2: The biggest concern for ATAG 2.0 is that it is never clear if
> ATAG is for a single tool or a collection of tools. It is trying to be
> both. This leads to a great deal of structural problems....
> Proposal: Yes (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-
> au/2011OctDec/0045.html)
> 
> 2. MS3: Most touch screen devices do not use the keyboard for
> navigation. Keyboard is only used for text input. The current
> definition of keyboard interface does not work ...
> Proposal: Yes (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-
> au/2011OctDec/att-0031/ATAG2-21July2011PublicWD-CommentResponses-
> rev20111017.html)
> 
> 3. MS1 (related to MS1 on previous public draft): The concept of
> "automatically generate" content does not appear well defined. In the
> example where the developer changes the template of a content
> management system illustrates the issue. How is a template changed or
> configured by a developer considered "automatic"?
> Proposal: Not yet (JR to send list)
> 
> 4. MS7:
> What are "restructuring transformations" and "recoding
> transformations"? We think the concept of "accessibility information"
> needs reexamination....
> Proposal: Not yet (JR to send list)
> 
> 5. TL17:
> I'm uncertain how (b) [in B.2.2.3 Technology Decision Support] will be
> remotely useful to the user....
> Proposal: Yes (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-
> au/2011OctDec/att-0031/ATAG2-21July2011PublicWD-CommentResponses-
> rev20111017.html)
> 
> 6. IBM1:
> I do have a concern with one of the blocking issues raised on the
> conformance claim.  Why is ATAG not using the same or very similar
> conformance claim from WCAG 2.0?...
> Proposal: Yes (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-
> au/2011OctDec/0046.html)
> 
> BREAK (MAY OCCUR EARLIER)
> 
> 7. Considering the multiple proposed responses where the proposal is
> not to make a change:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011OctDec/att-
> 0031/ATAG2-21July2011PublicWD-CommentResponses-rev20111017.html
> 
> 8. Additional un-approved changes (JR to send list)
> 
> 
> Future meetings:
> ================
> Nov 2011: Last Call WD
> Feb 2012: Candidate Recommendation
> - this is more speculative, since we are guessing how long we will be
> in CR
> June 2012: Proposed Recommendation
> August 2013: Recommendation
> 
> 
> 
> Cheers,
> Jan
> 
> 
> (MR) JAN RICHARDS
> PROJECT MANAGER
> INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
> 
> T 416 977 6000 x3957
> F 416 977 9844
> E jrichards@ocad.ca
> 
> Twitter @OCAD
> Facebook www.facebook.com/OCADUniversity
> 
> OCAD UNIVERSITY
> 100 McCaul Street, Toronto, Canada  M5T 1W1
> www.ocadu.ca
> 
Received on Monday, 31 October 2011 21:18:29 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 31 October 2011 21:18:30 GMT