Minutes for AUWG Teleconference on 3 Oct 2011 4:00pm-5pm ET

Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2011/10/03-au-minutes.html

Full text:
WAI AU

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
Regrets
    Cherie_E., Alastair_C, Tim_B, Greg_P
Chair
    Jutta Treviranus
Scribe
    Jan

Contents

    Topics
        1. Publication plans (Jutta) and checkin on last call comments (due Sept 15)
        2. TPAC (please register soon!)
        3. Proposals responding to comments
        Meeting time change?
    Summary of Action Items

1. Publication plans (Jutta) and checkin on last call comments (due Sept 15)

JT: We really need to move forward towards Rec
... We need to establish a cutoff date to receive and deal with comments
... All comments need to be in by EOD on Friday
... Oct 7th

AL: Who is missing

JS: Adobe, IBM, PF group

SN: Can't meet that deadline

JS: We can't keep waiting...could you prioritize items that might be controversial?

JT: Any items beyond what MS has identified

SN: There has simply been a lot of changes, so I don't know

<scribe> scribe: Jan

SN: Reality is that when this comes out as LC, that's when the heavy scrutiny will happen and there is no way around it

JT: How do we comm to WAIPF?

JS: I will send him an email

got kicked off
2. TPAC (please register soon!)

SN: Won't be there inperson...can attend by phone

AL: Won't be there inperson
... Can't confirm yet by phone

JT: Better times or places?

AL: open-ended?

JT: A fixed dedicated time to work on the draft....
... eg in conjunction with another event
... eg mEnabling Summit in Washington

AL: Best to stick to what you have or send out a survey

JT: Would be great to have you at least there by phone
3. Proposals responding to comments

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq5

A.2.1.2 "Alternatives for Rendered Time-Based Media", rewording of "(a) Option to Render"

Resolution: All agree on http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq5

In "A.3.1.2 No Keyboard Traps", replacing "known" by "documented".

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq7

SN: As a level A requirement the proposal is too prescriptive. Should just ensure the correct result is achieved without indicating how it is accomplished.

JT: Just changing one word

JR: Will look more at keyboard trap wording

SN: Just that user can't be trapped (breaking up a bit)....
... If there is a special mechanism then it is covered by documenting requiremetn
... don't really see need for special nature of the direction

In "A.4.1.2 Setting Changes Reversible", simplifying the wording and removing the save option.

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq8

If a change to an authoring tool setting is not reversible, then the authoring tool requires author confirmation to proceed.

A.4.1.2 Settings change confirmation: If a change to an authoring tool setting is not reversible, then the authoring tool requires author confirmation to proceed.

Resolution: All agree with " A.4.1.2 Settings change confirmation: If a change to an authoring tool setting is not reversible, then the authoring tool requires author confirmation to proceed. "

In applicability note: B.3 "Applicability after the end of an authoring session" replacing "has specified" with "causes"

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq9

Resolution: All ok with http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq9

<scribe> New rationale for B.4.2

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq10

Resolution: All ok with http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq10

In the definition of authoring tool, replacing "software" with "application"

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq11

Resolution: All ok with http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq11

Modified definition of "prompt":

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq12

Resolution: All ok with http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq12

Here is the SC: A.3.6.5 Assistance with Preferences: If the authoring tool includes display and/or control settings, then the authoring tool includes a mechanism to help authors configure these settings. (Level AAA)

AL: If this is nothing why here?

JS: I think its useful

AL: At what point does it fail?
... Would be very weird not have any help at all

JR: Let's just hold it over

JT: Maybe we should review the original intent to see if it has been lost

JR: maybe explore conflict management at AAA?

JT: That's just one of the parts
... better to pull back to our original intent of making things easier for authors
... Maybe we will circle back
Meeting time change?

SN: What do people think about 3pm ET?

AL: OK with me

JR: OK with me

JS: Would love to move it

JT: Let's test 230-330 and 300-400

(MR) JAN RICHARDS
PROJECT MANAGER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)

T 416 977 6000 x3957
F 416 977 9844
E jrichards@ocad.ca<mailto:jrichards@ocad.ca>

Twitter @OCAD<http://twitter.com/ocad>
Facebook www.facebook.com/OCADUniversity<http://www.facebook.com/ocaduniversity>

OCAD UNIVERSITY
100 McCaul Street, Toronto, Canada  M5T 1W1
www.ocadu.ca<http://www.ocad.ca>