W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > July to September 2011

Minutes for AUWG Teleconference on 29 August 2011 4:00pm-5pm ET TODAY

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocad.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 20:27:52 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Message-ID: <0B1EB1C972BCB740B522ACBCD5F48DEB037E0B3F@ocadmail-maildb.ocad.ca>
http://www.w3.org/2011/08/29-au-minutes.html


Text:

WAI AU
29 Aug 2011

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
    Jeanne, Jan, Jutta, Cherie, +1.703.678.aaaa, Greg, +1.561.582.aabb, Sueann, Tim_Boland
Regrets
    Alex, L.
Chair
    Jutta Treviranus
Scribe
    Jan1

Contents

    Topics
        1. Check-in on implementation gathering for this document:
        2. Check-in on Last Call comments
        3. Update on WCAG-WG's advice not to use "Accessible Content"
    Summary of Action Items

1. Check-in on implementation gathering for this document:

Greg: Will have something for the next call

<scribe> Scribe: Jan1

Cherie: working on review of ATAG2.0

Jan: Nothing on Atutor yet

Sueann: Started to look at Connections but not completed

JT: Iannotate might also...

<jeanne> Drupal has set up a page of their own assessment of ATAG 2.0 <-- http://groups.drupal.org/node/164389

JR: Great please send me contact info

JS: I had a connection at Wordpress...
... A few months back...will try and find
... At DC Unconference...they were looking at latest version of ATAG

JT: One other contact is with Desire2Learn
2. Check-in on Last Call comments
3. Update on WCAG-WG's advice not to use "Accessible Content"

Cherie: Gives example of a4.2.2...
... Ballpark of perhaps 10 major SC-changing issues from us

JT: Availability for multi-hour meetings between Sept 15 and Oct 3...

JR: Yes

JS: Yes

Cherie: Yes

TB: Yes

GP: Yes

JS: Looking it up...
... Mon (oct 31), Tues (nov 1) is the F2F

<jeanne> TPAC is 31 Oct and 1 Nov

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2011/

JT: Next week is not a call due to labour day
... So the next call is Sept 12
Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]



-- 
(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.
jrichards@ocad.ca | 416-977-6000 ext. 3957 | fax: 416-977-9844
Inclusive Design Research Centre (IDRC) | http://idrc.ocad.ca/
Faculty of Design | OCAD University


> -----Original Message-----
> From: w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org] On
> Behalf Of Richards, Jan
> Sent: August 29, 2011 8:33 AM
> To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
> Subject: AUWG Teleconference on 29 August 2011 4:00pm-5pm ET TODAY
> 
> There will be an AUWG teleconference on Monday 29 August 2011 at 4:00
> pm - 5:00 pm ET:
> 
> Call: (617) 761-6200 ext. 2894#
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #au
> 
> If people think they will arrive more than 15 minutes late, please send
> me an email beforehand.
> 
> The dial-in numbers for Zakim are now ONLY:
> ===========================================
> +1.617.761.6200	(Boston)
> 
> 
> Public Drafts:
> ==============
> ATAG:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-ATAG20-20110721/
> 
> Implementing ATAG:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20110721/
> 
> Last Call comment responses:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/atag20-8Jul10LC-comments-
> updated14july2011.html
> 
> 
> Agenda:
> ========
> 
> (Probably a short meeting)
> 
> 1. Check-in on implementation gathering for this document:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/att-
> 0065/ATAG2-21July2011PublicWD-ImplementationReport-rev20110816.html
> 
> Greg: Dreamweaver CS5.5, Indesign
> Cherie: MS Word 2010
> Alastair: Defacto, Sharepoint?
> Jan: ATutor
> Sueann: Lotus Connections, Eclipse
> 
> Drupal team ?: Drupal?
> WordPress?
> 
> 
> 2. Check-in on Last Call comments
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-ATAG20-20110721/
> 
> 
> 3. Update on WCAG-WG's advice not to use "Accessible Content"
> 
> 
> 4. Change proposals are starting to stack up (I'm trying to track them
> here to put into a survey):
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/0025.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/0026.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/0033.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/0055.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/0063.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/0078.html
> 
> JR: Maybe should be added to/marked in the main document to help
> visualize conflicts?
> 
> 
> Future meetings:
> ================
> 
> Aug 29: Implementation Gathering
> 
> Sept 5: NO CALL DUE TO Labour Day (CDN, US)
> 
> Sept 12: Implementation Gathering
> 
> DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING COMMENTS (Sept 15)
> 
> Sept 19:
> 
> Sept 26:
> 
> Oct 3: Vote on Last Call WD
> 
> Oct 10:
> 
> Oct 17:
> 
> Oct 24:
> 
> Oct 31-Nov 4: Tech Plenary - Reviewing Last Call comments received.
> 
> January 2012: Candidate Recommendation
>  - this is more speculative, since we are guessing how long we will be
> in CR
> 
> June 2012: Proposed Recommendation
> 
> August 2013: Recommendation
> 
> 
> --
> (Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.
> jrichards@ocad.ca | 416-977-6000 ext. 3957 | fax: 416-977-9844
> Inclusive Design Research Centre (IDRC) | http://idrc.ocad.ca/
> Faculty of Design | OCAD University
> 
> 
Received on Monday, 29 August 2011 20:28:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 29 August 2011 20:28:16 GMT