W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > July to September 2011

RE: AUWG Teleconference on 8 August 2011 4:00pm-5pm ET TODAY

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocad.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 21:03:57 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Message-ID: <0B1EB1C972BCB740B522ACBCD5F48DEB0365D8DD@ocadmail-maildb.ocad.ca>
http://www.w3.org/2011/08/08-au-minutes.html

08 Aug 2011

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
Regrets
    Jutta, T.
Chair
    Jan Richards
Scribe
    Jan

Contents

    Topics
    Summary of Action Items

JS: What we need is to produce report...
... of our CR implementations...
... whethere each implementor has met it or not met it
... We have a new testing framework....
... It will store test questions and then record yes or no

JR: Can we just put SC's in?

JS: Depends who is doing the testing

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/0030.html

B.1.1.1 Content Auto-Generation After Authoring Sessions (WCAG):

Authors have the default option that, when web content is automatically generated for publishing after the end of an authoring session, it is accessible web content (WCAG). (Level A to meet WCAG 2.0 Level A success criteria; Level AA to meet WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA success criteria; Level AAA to meet all WCAG 2.0 success criteria)

Note: This success criterion applies only to automatic processes specified by the authoring tool developer. It does not apply when author actions prevent generation of accessible web content.

<jeanne> [discussion of the email]

Cherie: This really only covers implementor

<jeanne> Cherie: The testers aren't going to test to verify, they are going to test to find the flaws.

<jeanne> JR: It wasn't meant that way - I meant that you only have to test the SC that apply to your tool for the level you want to check.

<jeanne> ... Why do the extra work of getting AA test cases if you are only going to test for A.

Cherie: Don't test to verify

<jeanne> cherie: I will want to check for all so I know where we are.

Cherie: There is value in partial results....

Tim: Possible that implementor might test for a mixture

Cherie: Not going in assuming anything

<jeanne> Jeanne: We will need to test for all SC, since we need to have two implementations of every SC.

<jeanne> JR: Would you test it iteratively? Test A, then test AA.

Cherie: Certainly won't test them all at A then AA then AAA
... If I have it setup I might as well test A then AA then AAA on the same SC
... Might do hardest and back down or start with easiest

<jeanne> Cherie: If I test an example for A, I would test it again for AA right then, I would not go through the whole loop. I might do the hardest and back down, or start with the easiest. It will depend on the SC.

JR: What about test considerations?

Cherie: OK but very important not to step outside normative requirements

JS: WCAG had lots of diffs between evaluators that needed to be sorted out

<jeanne> Jeanne: The WCAG CR testing had to resolve every discrepency from the testers, so clarifications in advance would be helpful

Cherie: Also implementor would always start with atomic tests

<jeanne> ... feature by feature.

<Tim> http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2005/01/test-faq#good - what makes a good test?

http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-ATAG20-20110721/#part_b

<jeanne> JR: The applicability conditions at the start of Part A and Part B and in the conformance level, so they are not close to the individual SC, so they may be overlooked.

Tim: Use of word "accessible web content" ...

JS: There has been a sub-group working on testing for a few months...
... They now have a beta version of a testing framework
... We give an HTML page with test instructions and links to test examples etc. then at the bottom are outcome buttons

Tim: Link to framework?

JS: Not yet

<scribe> ACTION: JR to To update the structure of the implementation report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/08-au-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-352 - Update the structure of the implementation report [on Jan Richards - due 2011-08-15].
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: JR to To update the structure of the implementation report [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/08-au-minutes.html#action01]






-- 
(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.
jrichards@ocad.ca | 416-977-6000 ext. 3957 | fax: 416-977-9844
Inclusive Design Research Centre (IDRC) | http://idrc.ocad.ca/
Faculty of Design | OCAD University


> -----Original Message-----
> From: w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org] On
> Behalf Of Richards, Jan
> Sent: August 8, 2011 10:08 AM
> To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
> Subject: AUWG Teleconference on 8 August 2011 4:00pm-5pm ET TODAY
> 
> There will be an AUWG teleconference on Monday 8 August 2011 at 4:00 pm
> - 5:00 pm ET:
> 
> Call: (617) 761-6200 ext. 2894#
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #au
> 
> If people think they will arrive more than 15 minutes late, please send
> me an email beforehand.
> 
> The dial-in numbers for Zakim are now ONLY:
> ===========================================
> +1.617.761.6200	(Boston)
> 
> 
> Public Drafts:
> ==============
> ATAG:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-ATAG20-20110721/
> 
> Implementing ATAG:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20110721/
> 
> Last Call comment responses:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/atag20-8Jul10LC-comments-
> updated14july2011.html
> 
> 
> Agenda:
> ========
> 
> (Probably a short meeting)
> 
> 1. A refresher from Jeanne on the need for testing support
> 
> 2. Splitting up the work...ideas:
> 
> - Finding implementations for SCs needing them (and update the
> implementation report to reflect the new draft Guidelines). This is the
> current draft implementation report:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/implementation_report_10june2011.html
> 
> - Creating implementations :) for SCs needing them:
> 
> - Writing draft "Testing Considerations" for:
> 
> SCs in A.1: UI must follow applicable accessibility guidelines
> SCs in A.2. Editing-views must be perceivable
> SCs in A.3.1-A.3.3 Keyboard access/Enough time/Flashing
> SCs in A.3.4-A.3.7
> SCs in A.4. Editing-views must be understandable
> SCs in B.1. Fully automatic processes must produce accessible content
> SCs in B.2. Authors must be supported in producing accessible content
> SCs in B.3. Authors must be supported in improving the accessibility of
> existing content
> SCs in B.4. Authoring tools must promoted and integrate their
> accessibility features
> 
> 3. JR and Jeanne to create an email based survey for change proposals.
> Change proposals are in these msgs so far:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/0025.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/0026.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/0033.html
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Future meetings:
> ================
> Aug 8: Survey results; Tim's issues/Testing Considerations for each SC
> 
> Aug 15: Testing Considerations for each SC/Implementation Gathering
> 
> Aug 22: Testing Considerations for each SC/Implementation Gathering
> 
> Aug 29: Implementation Gathering
> 
> Sept 5: NO CALL DUE TO Labour Day (CDN, US)
> 
> Sept 12: Implementation Gathering
> 
> DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING COMMENTS (Sept 15)
> 
> Sept 19:
> 
> Sept 26:
> 
> Oct 3: Vote on Last Call WD
> 
> Oct 10:
> 
> Oct 17:
> 
> Oct 24:
> 
> Oct 31-Nov 4: Tech Plenary - Reviewing Last Call comments received.
> 
> January 2012: Candidate Recommendation
>  - this is more speculative, since we are guessing how long we will be
> in CR
> 
> June 2012: Proposed Recommendation
> 
> August 2013: Recommendation
> 
> 
> --
> (Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.
> jrichards@ocad.ca | 416-977-6000 ext. 3957 | fax: 416-977-9844
> Inclusive Design Research Centre (IDRC) | http://idrc.ocad.ca/
> Faculty of Design | OCAD University
> 
Received on Monday, 8 August 2011 21:04:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 8 August 2011 21:04:22 GMT