FW: still a few more atag comments - as of july 27

From: Boland Jr, Frederick E. <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:57:41 -0400
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
fyi

From: Boland Jr, Frederick E.
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:25 AM
To: Boland Jr, Frederick E.
Subject: still more atag comment - as of july 27

A.3.3.1 - OK with your responses

A.3.6.1 - 1st bullet - I still propose replacement text "authoring tool allows the
author to set display settings.."
that I sent in my earlier message - I think it is clearer and places the onus on
the authoring tool not on authors.
2nd bullet - still think that "without affecting" and "to be published" may be somewhat
subjective.. can we clarify exactly what we mean by these words?

A.3.7.1 - new item: do we need a definition (or clarification) of "pre-existing" (relative
to what (time) reference?
1st bullet - I still think we need to clarify "makes use of" (language seems somewhat fuzzy..?)
how about "the preview renders web content using a pre-existing user agent" - I think this is
clearer..
2nd bullet - should refer to the latest approved W3C UAAG Recommendation (need to clarify language
to make this clear..?  I think it's confusing to say "any normative version" (there could be multiple
such versions.. authoring tool consistency/interoperability issue..?
3rd bullet - unclear what you mean by "essentially" a user agent?   What specific differences
are there between a preview and a user agent as defined in UAAG?