Proposed ATAG2 Timeline

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocad.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 20:26:29 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Hi all,

As you know, our group is being asked for a realistic timeline for delivering ATAG2.

I'm proposing this:

June 27: Finish survey items (re: templates)
July 4: NO CALL DUE TO Independence Day (US)
July 11 (2hr call): Finish survey (re: metadata, model practice)
July 18 (2hr call): Mopping up; Try to hold vote to publish "Regular" Public WD
 - with 3 week review period
 - include sending out comment responses
July 25: (Alternate vote on publishing WD)
Aug 1: Testing Considerations (Civic Holiday CDN)
Aug 8: Testing Considerations
Aug 15 (2hr call): Reviewing comments received
Aug 22 (2hr call): Reviewing comments received
Aug 29 (2hr call): Reviewing comments received
Sept 5: NO CALL DUE TO Labour Day (CDN, US)
Sept 12: Vote on Last Call WD
 - with 6 week review period (e.g. Sep 13-Oct 25)
 - we will work on Implementations and Testing Considerations
Oct 31-Nov 4: Tech Plenary - Reviewing Last Call comments received.
January 2012: Candidate Recommendation
 - this is more speculative, since we are guessing how long we will be in CR
June 2012: Proposed Recommendation
August 2013: Recommendation

Thoughts?

Hopefully we can give Jeanne the info she needs without consuming to much of Monday's call.

Cheers,
-Jan

(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.
jrichards@ocad.ca | 416-977-6000 ext. 3957