RE: A.2.2.1 wording

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 16:25:05 +0000
To: "Richards, Jan" <jrichards@ocad.ca>
CC: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Jan wrote:
> I think even my rewording attempt departed too much from the point that
> the UI might change the presentation rather than the content to
> communicate.

Oh dear, I opened that up even more then!

Is there are reason we can't assume that an "editing-view" edits content, and it is the author that uses the editing-view?

If we can, I'd have thought we could simplify it to:

A.2.2.1 Editing-View highlighting: If an editing-view modifies the presentation to convey status information, then that status information can be programmatically determined.

(Note unchanged)

None of the updates mention "messages" as the title does, so perhaps we change that to highlighting?

Kind regards,

-Alastair