Making ATAG2 conformance claims optional

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:31:19 -0500
To: WAI-AUWG List <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
We've had comments asking why our Conformance Claims section is not
labelled "optional". We don't say it's mandatory, so I always thought of
it as optional, but to synch with WCAG 2.0 we could do the following:

(1) Reword "Conformance Claims" => "Conformance Claims (Optional)"

(2) Add this text after: Required Components of an ATAG 2.0 Conformance
Claim:
"Conformance claims are not required. Authoring tools can conform to
ATAG 2.0 without making a claim. However, if a conformance claim is
made, then the conformance claim must include the following information:"

jan.richards@utoronto.ca | 416-946-7060

Adaptive Technology Resource Centre (ATRC)
Faculty of Information | University of Toronto