W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > April to June 2010

Minutes of AUWG Teleconference of 21 June 2010

From: Jeanne Spellman <jeanne@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 17:02:26 -0400
Message-ID: <4C1FD362.2090006@w3.org>
To: AUWG <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-minutes
IRC Log:
http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-irc

Action Items

   ACTION: jeanne to find out when the UK zakim line will be
   fixed 
   ACTION: Jeanne to make a survey of available dates for the
   face to face using a date range of 8-24 of September 


Text of Minutes:

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                WAI AU

21 Jun 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0085.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-irc

Attendees

   Present
          +1.617.324.aaaa, jeanne, Jan, Alastair, Greg_Pisocky, AnnM,
          Jutta, AndrewR, Tim_Boland, [IPcaller], AlastairC, GregP,
          JanR, JeanneS, JuttaT

   Regrets
          Sueann, N.

   Chair
          Jutta Treviranus

   Scribe
          Jan

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]1. Last Call publishing update (Jeanne S.)
         2. [6]2. New "Implementing ATAG 2.0" text
         3. [7]3. IMPLEMENTATION GATHERING
         4. [8]B.2.1.2 Set Accessible Properties:
         5. [9]B.2.4.2 Automated suggestions
         6. [10]B.2.5.1 Templates Accessible (WCAG Level A)
         7. [11]B.3.2.2 Reactivate Option:
         8. [12]B.3.3.1 Instructions
         9. [13]B.3.4.1 Model Accessible Practice (WCAG Level A)
        10. [14]A.1.1.2 Web-Based Accessible (WCAG Level AA):
        11. [15]A.4.1.3 Undo is Reversible
     * [16]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <AnnM> Hey.

   <AnnM> Is Zakim's UK number still having problems?

   <jeanne> let me check...

   using skype.

   <AnnM> ok, I'll try that.

   <jeanne> 1 617.761.6200

   <AnnM> is the UK number going to be active again any time soon?

   sorry Jeanne says no ETA on fixing it

   <AnnM> yeah.

   <scribe> ACTION: jeanne to find out when the UK zakim line will be
   fixed [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-283 - Find out when the UK zakim line will
   be fixed [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2010-06-28].

   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0085.h
   tml

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0085.html

   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0085.h
   tml

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0085.html

   <scribe> Scribe: Jan

1. Last Call publishing update (Jeanne S.)

   Jeanne: Allowed to publish...sent out updated draft a few mins ago
   ... Hopefully people will look at it
   ... I have to convert it to a LC working draft

   Jenane: No more rodblocks

   Jeanne: No more rodblocks

   JT: Given that when we will schedule LC has implications on F2F
   timing...

   Jeanne: Suggested we have 8 week review period.
   ... Assuming we go this week...
   ... We are looking at any time after Fri Aug 27....
   ... Really looking at end of aug, start of sept.

   JT, GP: Better mid-Sept

   JT: In terms of a host, we could do it (OCAD)
   ... Any probs for US companies?

   GP: Not for me (adobe)

   JT: I'll start the process at our end

   <jeanne> not for me

   JT: We will be right downtown...Island Airport very close
   ... We will need a survey of dates in Sept.

   Jeanne: Range?

   JT: I have ISO meeting week of Sept. 7.

   Jeanne: For me ok after Sept. 8th
   ... From Sept 8-24 range for survey?

2. New "Implementing ATAG 2.0" text

   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0083.h
   tml

     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0083.html

   <jeanne> ACTION: Jeanne to make a survey of available dates for the
   face to face using a date range of 8-24 of Sseptember [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-284 - Make a survey of available dates for
   the face to face using a date range of 8-24 of Sseptember [on Jeanne
   Spellman - due 2010-06-28].

   AC: I see this as a key problem for some CMS tools
   ... I think it should be normative...but I'm not sure at what point
   something rises to that level
   ... The text sounds fine for the informative...but I wonder what the
   criteria are for a new normative success criterion

   <jeanne>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2010/ED-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20100621/#s
   c_a311

     [22] http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2010/ED-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20100621/#sc_a311

   AC: I had seen a browser-based example where there was a long
   UI-distance between the selected text and the operators

   JR: I def. think its covered but we can't always control for bad
   usabilitity implementations

   Resolution: All accepted:
   [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0083.h
   tml

     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010AprJun/0083.html

3. IMPLEMENTATION GATHERING

   JR: I believe that people had said implementations would be coming
   soon

   GP: I believe so, some things have just become available

   JT: Can others who are on the call begin looking around for
   implementations
   ... Can we quickly try to see how far we can get...

B.2.1.2 Set Accessible Properties:

   <jeanne>
   [24]http://jan.atrc.utoronto.ca/public/atag/implementation_report_re
   v5.html

     [24] http://jan.atrc.utoronto.ca/public/atag/implementation_report_rev5.html

B.2.4.2 Automated suggestions

B.2.5.1 Templates Accessible (WCAG Level A)

   B.2.5.2 Provide Accessible Templates:

   B.3.2.1 Active by Default

B.3.2.2 Reactivate Option:

B.3.3.1 Instructions

B.3.4.1 Model Accessible Practice (WCAG Level A)

A.1.1.2 Web-Based Accessible (WCAG Level AA):

A.4.1.3 Undo is Reversible

   Next meeting is June 28

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: jeanne to find out when the UK zakim line will be
   fixed [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to make a survey of available dates for the
   face to face using a date range of 8-24 of Sseptember [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/21-au-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________
Received on Monday, 21 June 2010 21:02:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 21 June 2010 21:02:38 GMT