Re: AUWG Teleconference on 27 July 2009 4:00pm-5pm ET - TODAY

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:53:52 -0400
To: WAI-AUWG List <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Hi all,

Here's the link to the "Accessibility Programming Guide for iPhone OS"
which includes the screen shots that were mentionned on the call:
http://developer.apple.com/iPhone/library/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/iPhoneAccessibility/Making_Application_Accessible/Making_Application_Accessible.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008785-CH102-SW5

The first thing I noticed are the "earthrise" pictures they use. I hope
this is an indication that they have been looking at the ATAG techniques
where we use "earthrise" quite a bit as an example!

The second thing is that this might be a source of implementation
examples...e.g. for:

B.2.1.1 ("Set Accessible Properties: Mechanisms that set the properties
of web content (e.g., attribute values, etc.) include the ability to set
the accessibility-related properties. (Level A)")

B.2.2.3 Help Authors Decide: For any checks that require author	judgment
to determine whether a potential web content accessibility problem is
correctly identified (i.e., manual checking and semi-automated
checking), instructions are provided to help authors to decide whether
it is correctly identified. (Level A)
(i.e., the Accessibility Inspector)

Jan Richards, M.Sc.
User Interface Design Lead
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre (ATRC)
Faculty of Information
University of Toronto

   Email: jan.richards@utoronto.ca
   Web:   http://jan.atrc.utoronto.ca