W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > July to September 2008

Minutes of AUWG Teleconference 14 July 2008

From: Jeanne Spellman <jeanne@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:15:26 -0400
Message-ID: <487BC1EE.9020300@w3.org>
To: AUWG <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Agenda 
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0023.html>:

Minutes <http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html>:

IRC Log <http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-irc>:  

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Everyone send ideas to JS and JR for choices of words
   to describe the topic. [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: JS and JR will make sure that all comments are in
   place for the Face to Face meeting. [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: JS creates a scribe schedule and send out scribing
   instructions [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: JS set up issues tracking [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html#action02]


Text of Minutes

WAI AU

14 Jul 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0023.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Jeanne, Jan, AnnM, Greg_Pisocky, AndrewR, MikeS, TimB

   Regrets
   Chair
          jan

   Scribe
          jeanne

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Next Face to Face Scheduling
         2. [6]F2F in Seattle
         3. [7]Review of Action Items
         4. [8]Simplify and harmonize "Content Display" vs. "Chrome"
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <scribe> agenda:
   [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0023.h
   tml

     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0023.html

   <scribe> scribe: jeanne

   <scribe> ACTION: JS creates a scribe schedule and send out scribing
   instructions [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html#action01]

Next Face to Face Scheduling

   Next meeting in Technical Plenary in France in October

   JR: Comments?

   AR and AM: France is better than Seattle.

   MS: when is our time slot?

   JR: Thursday Friday time. Protocols and Formats is meeting those
   days, too. UAAG is meeting Monday Tuesday.
   ... Will probably need the time anyway, given the number of issues
   coming in on ATAG.
   ... Looks positive for October F2F.

F2F in Seattle

   TB: WIll there be a phone number to call in?

Review of Action Items

   AM: May not be able to attend next week's meeting.

   GP: Has gotten through 2.4.1 of WCAG with corresponding items. I am
   about half way done.

   JR: Sent out the new Editor's Draft with some of the harmonization
   changes and editorial changes from Reed.

   <scribe> ACTION: JS set up issues tracking [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html#action02]

   JR: Postpone action item on WCAG harmonization until after the Face
   to Face.

   <scribe> ACTION: JS and JR will make sure that all comments are in
   place for the Face to Face meeting. [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html#action03]

Simplify and harmonize "Content Display" vs. "Chrome"

   <Jan>
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0005.h
   tml

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0005.html

   JR: Background of chrome and content display
   ... Has thought about other terms and came up with "
   ... "content views and "user interface excluding content views"
   ... WYSIWYG in interesting because if the author is sighted and the
   user is not, then what the Author sees is not what the user gets.
   ... review email of Jul 7
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0005.h
   tml

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0005.html

   <Jan>
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0018.h
   tml

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0018.html

   JR: Al sent the response - link above.

   JS: Suggest it be divided for responsibility for creation, either
   the author tool or the user generated content.

   JR: We know it when we see it, the trouble is capturing it.
   Responsibility might be a useful way forward.
   ... The problem is areas of mixed responsibility.

   <Jan>
   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0022.h
   tml

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0022.html

   JS: Withdraw objection to chrome, as long as it is used without
   quotes. Also shouldn't be used with user interface as that is
   redundent.
   ... Content would be user-generated content.

   AM: Would rather have user-genereated content.

   JR: In the case of Dreamweaver and split-screen displays, is the
   image in the rendered WSYWYG Chrome?

   JS: No, it is user-generated content.

   MS: Don't like chrome, it makes me think about user agent chrome.

   AM: Authoring tool functionality or Authoring tool interface

   JR: Authoring Tool's own user interface
   ... Want to get a direction of where people are going.

   <Jan>
   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0021.h
   tml

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2008JulSep/0021.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Everyone send ideas to JS and JR for choices of
   words to describe the topic. [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html#action04]

   Next meeting, next week.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Everyone send ideas to JS and JR for choices of words
   to describe the topic. [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: JS and JR will make sure that all comments are in
   place for the Face to Face meeting. [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: JS creates a scribe schedule and send out scribing
   instructions [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: JS set up issues tracking [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/14-au-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]
Received on Monday, 14 July 2008 21:16:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 22 September 2008 15:53:08 GMT