Getting ATAG 2.0 Techniques ready for Publishing

Barry,

Thanks for these comments on Part A.

Below are my comments (mostly agreement) and attached is resulting Part
A and two images I added/edited.

Tim and Greg: If we are going to publish the Techniques before the F2F
at the end of April, then I need to get your approvals on Part B fairly
soon. REMEMBER: this is not a last call or anything so it's ok if its
not perfect. We just want a public draft more up to date than November 2004.

Cheers,
Jan

Barry Feigenbaum wrote:

> Here are my comments on Techniques part A.  In general its pretty good
> but here are some specific comments:
> My printing took 37 pages so I will indicate the page number to give an
> approx position in the document.
>
> page1-4:  "Extended Techniques: General Guidance for Part A:"  Its not
> clear to me what the reader is expected to do with these: read them,
> apply them, etc.  We should add some text.

Maybe the term is a poor choice? What about something like: "Useful
Information"?

> I assumed you copies all the checkpoints correctly.  I didn't cross
> verify with the guidelines.

I have checked these.

> page 4: Technique .0.1-1.1 [Sufficient]:  "content-type in" ->
> "content-type(s) in"

Done.

> page 5: Technique A.1.1-1.1 [Sufficient] :  "(e.g., images and sounds)"
> -> "(e.g., images, videos, sounds, etc.)";

Done.

> for "text alternative"  add footnote: "That is detailed enough to
> completely describe the role/purpose/action of the non-text object."

Done.

> "on screen (" -> "on screen permanently (e.g., label) or temporarily ("

Done.

> page 7: Technique A..1-3.3 [Sufficient]: right earth picture, it think
> Edit View: should not be "WYSIWYG"

Done - I changed them both to "Design" and added a "Display text
alternatives" checkbox to each.

> page 11-12: Technique A.1.5-1.1 [Sufficient] and A.1.5-2.1 and
> A.1.5-3.1:  "architecture or another" ->  "architecture, if available,
> or otherwise another"

All 3 instances fixed.

> page 12:Technique A.1.5-3.1 [Sufficient]: "evident when color" ->
>  "evident and distinct from all others when color"

Could not find this.

> page 14: Technique A.2.1-1.4 [Advisory]: "access to" -> "access (such as
> via keyboard accelerators) to"

Done.

> page 17: Technique A.2.1-5.1 [Sufficient]: "all author" -> "all keyboard
> related author"

Done.

> page 22: Example: A.2.5-1.1:  Still needs screen shot

Done.

> page 25: Technique A.2.6-1.1 [Sufficient]: what about spanned searches,
> such as finding "xxxyyy" in content like "...xxxxxx<p>yyyyyy..."

Would this be advisory?

> page 30: Technique A.2.9-2.3: this sentence does not make sense to me.
>  I think it needs a rewrite.  Possible "agents to save" -> "agents at save"

Rewrote as "Allowing the author to maintain a list of user agents to be
used for previewing."

> page 36: Technique A.4.1-2.1 [Sufficient]:  "such as:" what?  Seems like
> missing text here

Removed the "such as:".

> page 37 Technique A.4.2-1.1: [Sufficient] is missing, consider this:
> For each focusable user interface component described under criterion 2
> of A.4.1 describe how the respective information provided by the
> component through the platform accessibility architecture differs from
> the corresponding information provided by the component itself (for
> example, if a button component provides different accessible name text
> than it uses as displayed text (or if the button only displays an
> image)) and why the difference.

OK, I dropped this in.

Cheers,
Jan