action item questions from May 2 AUWG telecon?

From: Tim Boland <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 09:10:55 -0400
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org

Per my action item from May 2 2006 AUWG teleconference on
coverage of "external entities" re: unrecognized markup", I'm not
sure if this AI still applies since I thought we decided to change
"unrecognized markup" to just "content", but I found this
reference  "Section 4.4: XML Processor Treatment of Entities and References"
with 4.4.1 being "not recognized", from the XML1.1 specification [1].

Does this resource have any connection to our work?

Per may action item from May 2 2006 AUWG teleconference to"find situation
where browser-accessed functionality may not be web content (if possible), I
looked at (from WCAG2.0 glossary [2]) definitions of :

content -
"information to be communicated to the user by means of a user agent (NOTE:
This includes the code and markup that define the structure, presentation, and
interaction, as well as text, images, and sounds that convey information to the
end-user".

functionality -
"processes and outcomes achievable through user action", and

Furthermore, from the "Glossary of Terms for Device Independence" [3],

browser - "
a user agent that allows a user to perceive and interact with information
on the Web."

Are these definitions consistent with our thinking on these terms?

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/xml11/#entproc
[2]: http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/appendixA.html