Re: AUWG Teleconference on September 12, 2005

I am presently in Alberta meeting with Canada's provincial ministries
of education partly about ATAG and the importance of ATAG compliant
Authoring Tools. I have as action items A1.3 to A1.5.

The reason I took these on was because I saw an opportunity to
harmonize our terms and success criteria with work happening in IEEE,
ISO, DC, CETIS and other groups where we are trying to come to terms
with this class of principles or guidelines and how to test them
(adaptability of presentation and flexibility of control in the user
interface). Given that there are so many groups, consensus is taking
longer than expected.

I hope to have a draft document with common wording to work from by
Thursday and will send that to the group. It may be unrealistic to
expect to harmonize. If the general direction and terms are not
gelling by Thursday I will simply add from my proposals to the other
groups to what Barry has already contributed.

Jutta